Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LPG the caprice or not the LPG the caprice... a decision needs to be made

Paiste402

My workin on the car face
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia
LPG is great, u can get around heaps cheap but then if u wanna have some fun just flick her onto petrol and away u go! U will dig filling up for $30 from empty.

Also i have found out that there is no real power loss with LPG, its just when you start to hammer the car with a basic system that there is not enough fuel that can get into the engine. With my 5 litre i can get great acceleration but when i start getting to 3,500 rpm it starts to thin out. Its only a little converter though and not designed for power.

If u want power with LPG ask for a bigger converter so more fuel can be delivered when the motor starts askin for it.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
I drove almost 200km since LPG was installed and I gotta say its awesome. I dont feel its too sluggish or anything. Its kicks in only when the engine has reached 40oC and its a seamless changeover. That 200km probably cost me less then $15 (I'm guessing as I havent filled up yet, the LPG installer gave us a full tank).

I also got a fluid kit/thing which help keeping the engine from trying. It lasts for about 10,000km before I need to refill it (costs about $15 a bottle).

With petrol being at about 1.05 a litre and lpg about 0.50 I should make the $2k back I paid out of my own pocket ($5k all up) back in about 1 year.

The donut tank is great so I wont loose any boot space. Instead of a spare wheel I will get one of them foam flat tyre repair kits. I'll take the spare with me if I ever go long distance driving. If one of my tyres shreds totally I will be stuck without a spare. So if I got outside the metro area (not often) I'll just put the spare in the boot.

The installer I dealt with was very professional and friendly. A mechanic not just LPG installer. If anyone wants me to recommend them feel free to PM me.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
Parnell System - PRIS (vapour injection)
Edit/Delete Message

blownba

Reaction score
The ignorance in this thread is amazing.
I fit Liquid injection and tyhe last VE 6.0L I did GAINED 26.7 RWKW above premium unleaded with NO TUNING.
If you pull your head out of the sand and looked into the new gas systems you would see that some systems will actually increase engine longevity by running the valves super cool by injecting liquid lpg onto the valves abd supercooling them and the intake air acting as a chemical supercharger.
Have done heaps of liquid injection conversions now and all these cars have gained performance.

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
The ignorance in this thread is amazing.
I fit Liquid injection and tyhe last VE 6.0L I did GAINED 26.7 RWKW above premium unleaded with NO TUNING.
If you pull your head out of the sand and looked into the new gas systems you would see that some systems will actually increase engine longevity by running the valves super cool by injecting liquid lpg onto the valves abd supercooling them and the intake air acting as a chemical supercharger.
Have done heaps of liquid injection conversions now and all these cars have gained performance.

amen brother.