Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LPG the caprice or not the LPG the caprice... a decision needs to be made

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
A new shop, just opened not so long ago. All Gas Joondalup. I cant remember the name of the system (I can check when I get the car back). Cost $5000 and that includes the donut tank on the standard one.

The guy who owns All Gas worked 10 years for a really reputable GAS company in WA, also cant remember the name.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Sweet, now you can cook using a bbq and drive a car.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I still don't understand why people buy V8's then want them to run cheap by putting LPG systems on them.

Flat_White

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rolls Royce "Fantom"
I still don't understand why people buy V8's then want them to run cheap by putting LPG systems on them.

neither, defeats the purpose to me.

but i always talk from a V6 point of view. in that case i think it is a great idea!

I will NEVER own a V8 so i can only really speculate.

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
I would never buy a V8 on LPG, don't think i'd get any car on aftermarket LPG anyway though. If it wasn't LPG from factory i would never touch it. There are a lot of cheap skates out their that would be interested in an LPG V8, but most people these days are deterred by V8's regardless of the fact that they are on LPG or not. The mention of V8 scares them away. So it may affect the resale of your car, it may not, depends on what people are looking for. If i were you, i wouldn't LPG it. Get a tune for $1000 dollars and it should drop your fuel consumption considerably (8-9L/100km highway and 11-15L/100km city) given you drive it nicely, and give you an extra 20-30rwkw.

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I

because what is the point in wasting money on petrol when you can spend 40cents a liter on gas and still maintain and in some cases increase power. The new lpg systems are actully pretty decent if you do any research on the topic.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
Guys, if I were a performance person what you guys are saying makes sense, LPG on a V8 sounds odd. Just remember, I bought the car for the luxury not the power. If I were after power I would have sprung for a Monaro, SS etc. If I found a Caprice on V6 for the same price/condition as the V8 I would have got the V6.

Why did I put in LPG? Why pay $1.02 a litre when I can pay 45c? I also get the $3000 rebate remember.

The system I got is reversible too, if I ever wanted to take it back out (not likely) I could.

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
The V8 caprices and statos you saw in Vic were probably the VHA/B cars, theyre pretty much taxis so most of them are on LPG for that reason

but anyway, back on topic, since your not too concerned about performance (which will still be good seeing as it is a v8) i guess it would be the more economical choice to go with the LPG, and if you can take it out later on, it wont really impact on resale, so i guess its all sweet when you look at it that way

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
if you really want lpg that bad dont get it added so you have duel fuel, go straight lpg so you have the affordability and the power, lpg is 111 octane and if tuned right is more powerfull than peterol... i had a vp 5ltr on duel fuel and it was more sluggish than i would have liked but ive seen some figures for straight gas and gets around an extra 20rwhp than peterol