Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ls1 cam specs

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
a know a few people with 220/220 that are making 280rwkw with manuals though so 270 shouldnt be that hard

Andrewss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
I ended up buying a come racing 224/228 cam with .551 lift and a new timing chain set.
I was thinking of trying pen magnets down the push rod holes to make sure the lifters dont fall in to the sump.
but to buy 16 magnets is going to cost around $160, does anyone know where i could get some cheap ones????
Other wise i will remove the motor, put it on a engine stand and turn it upside down.

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
ls1 in vx r8

does these have a different ground cam? any other special parts that a standard gen3 dosent have and is a ls1 different to a gen3 well from factory specs? these q's are for a mate all answers appreciated

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
does these have a different ground cam? any other special parts that a standard gen3 dosent have and is a ls1 different to a gen3 well from factory specs? these q's are for a mate all answers appreciated

sorry was trying to make a thread

troytroy2

Reaction score
Members Ride
YII Clubsport R8
I ended up buying a come racing 224/228 cam with .551 lift and a new timing chain set.
I was thinking of trying pen magnets down the push rod holes to make sure the lifters dont fall in to the sump.
but to buy 16 magnets is going to cost around $160, does anyone know where i could get some cheap ones????
Other wise i will remove the motor, put it on a engine stand and turn it upside down.

...LOL or just use long wooden dowels slid in through where the timing cover sits to prevent them from falling down...or use compressed air through the spark plug hole.

Pulling out the engine would be pretty extreme.

Andrewss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
...LOL or just use long wooden dowels slid in through where the timing cover sits to prevent them from falling down...or use compressed air through the spark plug hole.

Pulling out the engine would be pretty extreme.

Using compressed air is only for changing the valve springs and i did that about 2years ago, to heavy duty ones.
Can you explain the wooden dowels that your talking about?? size?? where i can get them from??

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
No chance buddy, don't expect 260 unless you live in a fantasy world, by the way your 2 years late. FAIL

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
that would be one awesome tune!!!