Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 Flash Tuner

timcn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
is it simple to use, ihave a fair understanding of engines, and i can build a computer from the ground up, but not to sure if i can use this software, what can u do with it?, what do u mean by the advantages and disadvantages?, how much is it and where can i get it from?

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
depends on how much uwant to spend, eg u will need to purchase a wideband air/fuel meter decent 1 approx 500, tuning software, base package is approx 850, and u need to be able to measure for gains and losses, this is why a dyno is a tuning tool.

timcn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
oh ok, well what u just mentioned really doesnt ring any bells with me lol, do u have a otrcai?, where can i get one of them from, i have a growler kit and i like the growl that it produces, would the otrcai do the same?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
rofl@ growler kit hahaha

Call PowerTorque, they make the BEST OTRCAI's, unfortunatley now, the only way to get one is by a tune from them :)

timcn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
yeah i know very funny, i got it for nothing so i didnt care

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
get a OTRCAI from CSV in melbourne, these are great and work well.

vxchev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 CALAIS V8
timcn said:
has anyone had experience with the holden ls1 flash tuner?, i dont think its out yet, another month or so, i see CAPA has one on there website, would it be worthwhile???, :whistling

I can't see any ls1 flash tuner but there is a Ford Flash Tuners is that what you are talking about?

Go to www.efilive.com and download the demo software (I think it's 70mb) and have a play around with it...HPtuners don't have a demo availble.

ringram

efilive evangalist
Reaction score
Website
www.efilive.eu
Members Ride
2007 HSV CLubsport R8 M6
You can also download HSV 300kw and 285kw tunes from www.holdencrazy.com
Hey you can even flash the 285kw hsv tune in your car if you have efilive. Means even if you dont know too much you can turn your car into the same as an hsv 285kw vyII!
Even more benefits are there if you work at it. efilive allows full and total control over all engine parameters from stock cam to 3bar supercharged with nos.
alpha-n fueling, maf or mafless custom operating systems etc.
Anyway take a look at their website.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
yeh and u can also get more licenses for tunning, so ur not limited by the amount of tunes u can do, very good tool, i'm going to buy it for my vy ss and a good wide band air/fuel ratio meter, like what enhancedss said, after i get my exhaust done and cai, so i can tune it properly, can't wait, going to get dyno runs b4, and after each i tem is added to c how much the performance goes up and then tune it :)

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
cpbait said:
yeh and u can also get more licenses for tunning, so ur not limited by the amount of tunes u can do, very good tool, i'm going to buy it for my vy ss and a good wide band air/fuel ratio meter, like what enhancedss said, after i get my exhaust done and cai, so i can tune it properly, can't wait, going to get dyno runs b4, and after each i tem is added to c how much the performance goes up and then tune it :)

on average after exhaust system, air intake your looking at approx 195 - 200rwkw (on a accurate dyno,) with a tune approx 235-255rwkw depending auto vs manual.....which these power figures have been tested on other dynos up to 270rwkw, a dyno is a tool only that us tuners use, is for before and after etc....not wank wank figures...approx 240rwkw figures will run a 12 sec pass with ease..