Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ls1 hsv headers

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
If I can pick up a set for next to nothing will my cat section bolt up to them like the standard headers on my vx ss

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Most likely the shorts ones off the hsv vx-vys1 there the only ones you can get for next to nothing! I'd love the vys2 hsv ones but there as rare as now and if I find a pair they are asking just as much as after market extractors

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
$1395 shipped will get you 4-1 tuned length headers and hi flow cats that will bolt straight up to your cat back. Much better option than the 2/3 of #### all power increase you will get from HSV headers.

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
I understand that NAAF if $$ wasn't an issue I would jump at that price the hsv headers would at least change the sound? The story is in a month time I have to pull the engine out to fix the sump gasket and was going to do rear main and a new clutch ( hate oil leaks)
I would only get them if I payed next to nothing like. $50
Question NAAF will my cat sections bolt up them with no modification?
Anyone have a set they almost wanna give away?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
As said, they will bolt up if they are the shorty ones. But why would you fit something that will make no difference? Unless it's just to say you have extractors.

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Even if they don't add performance what about sound?
As I said if I got the for next to nothing what am I going to loose the engine will be out so it's like a 10 min job to swap then over

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Even if they don't add performance what about sound?
As I said if I got the for next to nothing what am I going to loose the engine will be out so it's like a 10 min job to swap then over

Yes they do add performance and sound better, and since you have it all apart you may as well. Totally recommend them, not as much hp up top as aftermarket long tube 4-1s ofc, but shedloads down low.

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I'd put money on the fact that you probably wouldn't notice any difference with the short tubular manifold style over the stock cast manifold. Both in sound and performance.

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Might just hold off see what happens in the future