Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ls1 quarter mile times.

MACE

Reaction score
All that and no high ratio rockers or manifold spacers?
Impressive! :D

I agree. The times would definitely have been better with a set of 1.9:1 ratio rockers. We've noticed with our rockers a genuine gain of around 12rwkw on a mainline from a bolt on LS1.

Sadly it's not possible to fit any manifold spacers to these engines unless you're planning on cutting up the base of the manifold and spacing it out. Not a bad thing, just not practical for many

Also LSx nats coming up should be good this year :)

http://australiancarscene.com/australian-lsx-shootout-2011-15th16th-april-2011/

FusionX

Reaction score
dont see why you cant go 12's east on an internally standard ls1... exhaust, maffless, otr, good clutch gears and slicks...or highstall and slicks

You can get an 11 with the right driver. We had a VY SS ute run 11.95 @ 115mph. Mods where - mail order mafless tune, small headers & catback exhaust, 4.11 diff gears and slicks. Still ran stock clutch and shifter. This was done almost 5 years ago. (hopefully the video works)

http://www.waperf.com.au/video/waperf.com.hotlap.1195.wmv

BradSV8

Nitrous Junkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
same with here in SA

There is a few 1/8 th mile tracks here in SA, its not a 1/4 but its better than nothing and everything happens in the 1st half of the track anyway the 2nd half you just steer the car.

VxSs2nv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7 A4
Would have to be mid to low 14's i have a Auto Vx Ss, which has cat back exhaust, monaro intake and maf tuned dynoed 208 3rwkw and ran a 13.7 at wsid Wednesday nite, have headers coming and dexiding on the diff ratio

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Ran my VX Wagon on the weekend for a consistant 13.5.

I had 3 runs, the first I was the first to run down after a BMW spilled it's coolant on the track so I took it cautiously and let more cars run before I put it to the floor all the way. Apparently coolant is harder to clean up than oil!

First run was a 14.5 then 2 x 13.5 both with passengers.

After the third run and nothing going wrong I put the car away, and figuring 2 times within 0.03 seconds it wasn't going to get much better, especially since I was getting virtually no wheel spin off the line, but launching very well.

Unfortunately they weren't running the full scoring set up so I don't know the reaction or 60' times. Anyway without ruining the drivability day to day and spending a fortune how can I get another 0.5 seconds off?

I am thinking since it bogged down at around 150 that the diff ration is one area that could net some gains, also getting the valve springs done and rev limit raised could also mean I don't get the revs down so low going into 3rd.

Was thinking that NOS could be a go for cheap horse power that doesn't effect drivability but that is going to end up around $2,000 to get set up.

QldKev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina - GENIII
Ran my VX Wagon on the weekend for a consistant 13.5.

I had 3 runs, the first I was the first to run down after a BMW spilled it's coolant on the track so I took it cautiously and let more cars run before I put it to the floor all the way. Apparently coolant is harder to clean up than oil!

First run was a 14.5 then 2 x 13.5 both with passengers.

After the third run and nothing going wrong I put the car away, and figuring 2 times within 0.03 seconds it wasn't going to get much better, especially since I was getting virtually no wheel spin off the line, but launching very well.

Unfortunately they weren't running the full scoring set up so I don't know the reaction or 60' times. Anyway without ruining the drivability day to day and spending a fortune how can I get another 0.5 seconds off?

I am thinking since it bogged down at around 150 that the diff ration is one area that could net some gains, also getting the valve springs done and rev limit raised could also mean I don't get the revs down so low going into 3rd.

Was thinking that NOS could be a go for cheap horse power that doesn't effect drivability but that is going to end up around $2,000 to get set up.

You should be able to get 0.5 sec of that. My VX has ran a 12.59 @ 111mph with bolt ons.
What are the current mods?

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
X-Air airbox
twin 2.5 to single 3 inch exhaust - catless
Headers
Tune

12.59 is a great time, my brothers VE SS ran 12.6 and that thing is a rocket!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
Diff gears will make a difference. Would help with towing too but with the LS1 it wouldn't be a problem either way.