Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ls1 sedan diff gearing ratio

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Not exactly true. Mine is a v8 vx berlina & it had a 3.07 non lsd, all it had on the tag was high performance & yes it was the original diff according to VIN number. But anyway mat is better off ringing a diff speacilist, that way you should'nt get the bum steer.

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT IT WAS NOT AN LSD?

If your diff had a 3.07:1 ratio and had the high performance tag on the oil filler bolt then you had an LSD, they do wear out over time and need to be rebuilt to keep them from slipping and turning into pretty much an open diff!

MrSirWantalot

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV GT-P Boss 335 & 2000 VX Berlina 5.7lt (toy)
Seriously do u have better things to do than annoy me, i mean really!!? I rang holden, i gave them the vin # & the serial number thay gave me was exact same as on diff. They said it is a non lsd & whats more a diff speacilist in narang said the same thing after checking it over....Sorry to disappoint. Whats more is on the side of the diff it has a white placard for a better word it should tell you the ratio & weather or not its a lsd. Failing that please ring someone that gives a ****. Look online check out all the diffs that are not lsd & from a v8 weather it be vt/vx ......

MrSirWantalot

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV GT-P Boss 335 & 2000 VX Berlina 5.7lt (toy)
The standard non LSD diff ratio in a VT is 3.08:1 and the LSD version is 3.07:1

Oh btw I own a VX not a VT witch seems to be what ur talking about here?

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT IT WAS NOT AN LSD?

If your diff had a 3.07:1 ratio and had the high performance tag on the oil filler bolt then you had an LSD, they do wear out over time and need to be rebuilt to keep them from slipping and turning into pretty much an open diff!

Tag will say LSD if it is LSD, not high performance.

Tims30

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
I went from around 1800 (3.07) to 2300 with the (3.46) diff in, if thats not right well...... i cant explain....... So at 2300 @100 kph The tech asked me if i would like less revs in top gear witch I said yes witch once he done brang the revs down to 2000 at 100kph (or 2023 to be exact) . Anyway we have drifted off away from the question matqld asked....& in my opinion Id use a 3.7 out of a man hsv. :). Btw this was all done whilst he was plugged into the ecu, & yes he did change trans pressure, for harder changes i suspect!?
I know this is an old thread, but I just had to answer. THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN DROP THE REVS OF A CAR, ANY CAR JUST BY TUNING. YOU HAVE TO PHISICALLY CHANGE EITHER DIFF RATIO OR THE TRANSMISSION. IT'S AS SIMPLE AS THAT. END OF STORY.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Unless for some reason the TCC settings were off?

And you can drop the revs by tuning, I have done so!

Also, please don't type in ALL CAPS, it's just plain RUDE!

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Unless for some reason the TCC settings were off?

And you can drop the revs by tuning, I have done so!

Also, please don't type in ALL CAPS, it's just plain RUDE!
How can u drop the revs by tuning exactly? Is it to do with torque converter lockup?