Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 spark plug gaps?

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Ngktr6 is what I use and my tuner recommended. Uses it on all his cars from stock to 550rwkw.

Don't need that fancy platinum crap. $50 got me a hole set from repco...

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Ngktr6 is what I use and my tuner recommended. Uses it on all his cars from stock to 550rwkw.

Thanks for that man, always wondered if worth going expensive or not

Sent from my HTC ARIA using Tapatalk II.IV

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Thanks for that man, always wondered if worth going expensive or not

Sent from my HTC ARIA using Tapatalk II.IV

From memory you can use the same plugs as the L67 which are standards. Think they are BPR6EFS-13 or something.

Im of the opinion no plug should remain in the block for 100,000km. Platinum or not. Ive got them in my car at the moment, only because I get them at cost.

03VYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ute SS 5.7 M6

Pretty good price. Might have to check my local repco as well

402ls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss Holden commodore 5.7
Hi I have a ls1 402ci supercharger running 7psi what is the spark plug gap ngk tr6

402ls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss Holden commodore 5.7
hi mate I've got 402ci ls1 supercharger running 7psi what is the spark plug gap thanks

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
hi mate I've got 402ci ls1 supercharger running 7psi what is the spark plug gap thanks
I hope you are sorted by now?

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
My book says VT Gen 3 1.5mm gap.
VY 1.3mm gap
VY series 2 and from then on 1.1MM gap.
I have used the NGK Laser Platinum at $17 each and the AC Delco were original and I went for AC again next at $11.53 each bought from the Holden dealer.
You can use just the standard copper core type plugs, if you like changing plugs every 20,000km f that when I do 50,000km a year, I have better things to do than change plugs that are a bastard to change.
Why the difference in gaps in the Gen 3's must be different coils ? the speck is all over the place as to dates, so it just does not stop on one date and then the smaller gap start and that is because of all the different model types don't start or stop the same time with Monaro and crew cabs holding the older spec.
Plugs can last years in a engine and some do 160,000km no problems.
It's not the 1980's now with plugs only lasting around 12,000km with Bosh Champion crap, I got 20,000km out of NGK back then, but had to pull them out and clean them and re gap at around 10,000km.

Mookie01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore executive series 2
My book says VT Gen 3 1.5mm gap.
VY 1.3mm gap
VY series 2 and from then on 1.1MM gap.
I have used the NGK Laser Platinum at $17 each and the AC Delco were original and I went for AC again next at $11.53 each bought from the Holden dealer.
You can use just the standard copper core type plugs, if you like changing plugs every 20,000km f that when I do 50,000km a year, I have better things to do than change plugs that are a bastard to change.
Why the difference in gaps in the Gen 3's must be different coils ? the speck is all over the place as to dates, so it just does not stop on one date and then the smaller gap start and that is because of all the different model types don't start or stop the same time with Monaro and crew cabs holding the older spec.
Plugs can last years in a engine and some do 160,000km no problems.
It's not the 1980's now with plugs only lasting around 12,000km with Bosh Champion crap, I got 20,000km out of NGK back then, but had to pull them out and clean them and re gap at around 10,000km.

Hi yeah thanks for that VY gen 3 gap ,

just a heads up I bought on eBay $25 including postage for 8 irridium spark plugs AC delco on eBay , now they were from China however all AC delco is an American brand yet they make them in China as that is where the cheap production is ,

No you have not mis -read what I said that’s right 8 irridium spark plugs including postage for $25