Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ls2 engine knocking

Cornrobbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
Hey guys I have a 2006 ve ssv commodore with all the limited edition extras and the motor has started knocking she has just hit 200k and I’m wondering if it would be worthwhile rebuilding or what your suggestions would be I’m finding it hard to come to terms with as I have a mantic stage 2 clutch sitting here waiting to go in aswell please and thankyou

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hey guys I have a 2006 ve ssv commodore with all the limited edition extras and the motor has started knocking she has just hit 200k and I’m wondering if it would be worthwhile rebuilding or what your suggestions would be I’m finding it hard to come to terms with as I have a mantic stage 2 clutch sitting here waiting to go in aswell please and thankyou
get it rebuilt, BUT with a supercharger!

Cornrobbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
get it rebuilt, BUT with a supercharger!
We’re my thoughts exactly ain’t replacing a thing with stock just wondering if anyone has much experience rebuilding motors with similar ks they say the old ls is bullet proof guess I’m wondering how bulletproof will she handle a supercharger or any other upgrades I would want after having a rod knock the second I heard the car knock I turned her off but it has had a tick for a month or so now

Reactions: Lex