Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lsd/mini spool question ?

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
spools are illegal. should you have a accident and insurance company discovers it they can use it as a reason to reject your claim.,

Good that you point that out immortality very true.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
a full spool is also lighter then your standard/LSD/standard (with minispool) center. in effect reducing driveline mass which means less power loss through the driveline and more power at the wheels. a full spool is overkill for even a reasonably modified engine.

Never knew that. Guess it can only be a good thing losing less through the drivetrain.

I have a full spool for mine. Only got that because they didn't make a mini spool for the diff at the time.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
I've daily driven a spool for the past 4 years. Never had any interesting moments in the Wet, and never any excess attention from Cops. Do us all a favour, and don't post in a topic you know nothing about.

With the spool making its chirp chirp i did attract alot of police attention, but admittedly the exhaust was loud too.

Iv had a few hairy moments in the wet with the spool, alot more than my factory LSD which i now have

Im not posting with topics i know nothing about, only my personal experience.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
With the spool making its chirp chirp i did attract alot of police attention, but admittedly the exhaust was loud too.

Iv had a few hairy moments in the wet with the spool, alot more than my factory LSD which i now have

Im not posting with topics i know nothing about, only my personal experience.
You answered your own comment there, you have a loud exhaust, thats why you had more police attention. If they noticed the spool, you'd be getting your car towed home. End of story.

If you had hairy moments with a spool, you can't drive. I'm not having a go at you, but my car is a manual V8.

most of my mates have them aswell, and none of us seem to have any problems.

I'd rather my predictable spool that does the same thing, every time without fail, rather than an LSD that spins both wheels for the first few months, then wears out.

VZHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
z
say good bye to u turns and ride smoothness
mate has a spool in his vn ss .. totally shocking ..
mad for burnouts / track crap in the wet or for turns
loosens every bolt in the ass end
not worth it imo..

mahooody

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III ute ecotec
i put a mini spool in my ute bout 6 months ago it hasnt used anymore tyre than usual but it gets sideways very nicely and isnt unpredictable like a single or lsd so iit wont single out and make you loose control mid drift.
:driving:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
say good bye to u turns and ride smoothness
mate has a spool in his vn ss .. totally shocking ..
mad for burnouts / track crap in the wet or for turns
loosens every bolt in the ass end
not worth it imo..

Thats what we need less of on this forum. My mates....

My cousins uncles sisters granddaughter has blah blah.

Your 'mate' (if he even exists) has some serious suspension problems if his cars isn't smooth, and can't do a u turn. You lose abit of your turning circle, but can still easily do as normal u turn.

winton

black+manual+19's=sex
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs SS II 5speed vx gts 19's
when i had my spool in my vr it was shocking on my bushes and that in the ass end but that only coz of my lazyness to not get them replaced. but on the lighter side spool was best investment i ever put in my car you will have great fun.. but if when turning its started shaking around the ass end i suggest replace bushes straight away then u will never have to worri about that again

VZHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
z
Thats what we need less of on this forum. My mates....

My cousins uncles sisters granddaughter has blah blah.

Your 'mate' (if he even exists) has some serious suspension problems if his cars isn't smooth, and can't do a u turn. You lose abit of your turning circle, but can still easily do as normal u turn.

ok buddy would u rather me tell bs and say that i have 1 personaly in my car..
i was just saying experience from my mates car and there tottaly crap In My Opinion as quoted before