Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lsd to mini or full spool

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
cheap - minispool, fits inside your current open center in place of the spider gears. locks both rear wheels permanently. fun but ilegal for street use

not so cheap, full spool, this replaces your current center in the diff. needs your crown wheel fitted and then setup. as above but stronger

not not so cheap. LSD center is put in instead of your current open center.

AWSUMVB308

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sl/e 308
alright wat i thought but wasnt sure

and to "vkberlina" wat sort of kazz or detroit truetrec centre will fit my diff. and wat sort off prices would i be lookin at.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
We have built a detroit trutrac into a FFFF nah cant type it 9" housing. I was given a Kazz centre as part of a payment for a job and dont know how much they retail for but they wouldnt be cheap

scott

AWSUMVB308

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sl/e 308
hey all well i decided against a mini or full spool due to living up in the hill were it is mostly wet wheather.

i did a bit of research and ringing around and i decided to go a detroit truetrac over a detroit locker.
due to the locker also being very dangerous up hear it is very similar to a spool.
and the detroit truetrac and lockers do fit into a ford nine inch diff,
they are similar to an lsd but do not require maintenance because of the little number of parts and no clutch plates to wear it also doesnt need tightening or rebuilding.
i do need to and am replacing the axles to some 31 spline moser forged axles.

so thanx all for ur input and info