Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LSD. what is better? ...

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
I really doubt he's going to push the car hard enough to even get his stock diff rebuilt...

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
Is it just a street car? or are you going to take it to track events?

Standard or rebuilt and modified is probably going to be the cheapest/easist option.

Or go for a true track like old mate suggested. A bit more expensive though has no clutches to replace and will last longer.

Also holden hasnt used a"cone" type lsd since the mid 80s

dmp8810

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SV6
Its not a race car haha just a street car, i like how they drive different/better to open wheelers and + a few skids haha.

but what i was thinking is what diff would last the longest if i often do skids?!

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Its not a race car haha just a street car, i like how they drive different/better to open wheelers and + a few skids haha.

but what i was thinking is what diff would last the longest if i often do skids?!

I hope your not planning to do that on the street, if so #### off!

With that said TRUE-TRAC.

I payed $750 for my stock LSD to be rebuilt, three months later it was stuffed (I am taking the guy to court, to get my money back). Anyway I phoned up many people in the industry and was told stock Holden diffs are not great, all of them told me about the TRUE-TRAC. A Eaton true-trac is usually cheaper to get than to have a Holden LSD rebuilt.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Or just buy a second hand LSD for $300 like I did and save a shitload of money. Plenty of guys with stock diffs pulling massive power 400rwkw+, not reliable at that power, but a relatively stock Sv6 won't need that sort of diff $$

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Or just buy a second hand LSD for $300 like I did and save a shitload of money. Plenty of guys with stock diffs pulling massive power 400rwkw+, not reliable at that power, but a relatively stock Sv6 won't need that sort of diff $$

Why not pay some more money and know you don't have to worry about the diff ever again?
Each to there own I guess.
These days I like the idea of do it once and do it right

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I've been through two diffs, one hydratrac 3.27, one LSD 3.45, and I've just got the rebuilt LSD 3.7 if this one goes I'm going the true-trac.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
my new diffs been great for about 6 months now, its a cone type LSD with factory holden 3.9's fitted, I followed the builders advice though and ran it in very gently for 1500km's then dropped the diff oil, he told me don't rip it around every corner because it kills the cones, straight line doesn't matter and service every 20,000. under warranty as long as I follow the rules.