Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LthlThrt's Lethal VT - VZ SS Front Ended

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
hey mate i had the same issue with the stezza goin off and all the dash lights comin on while headin to nsw 2 months ago..... once i got down there i took it to my mates workshop and it was the battery terminals corroded and even when they were done up tight u could still twist them off.... new terminals and a good clean and it hasnt done it since... did it close to 10 times from ballina to yamba...

hey if u go back to a vt rear bar i have a manta lip sittin here that i wanna sell... if not a mate has a vt ss kit in bermuda blue that he wants to sell... bars included.. pm me if ur interested
ever since the electrical problem happened it hasnt happened again so i will go and clean the terminals and give them a check when it has stopped raining just in case, sounds like that would of been a fun trip, cheers
ill shoot you a pm soon mate.

anyway i replaced my vz front with my vt front, so disappointed, but it had to be done as i dont have the time or money to have it finihsed by the time i leave oz as i will be leaving in april latest.
anyway here are some memrobilia pics of the vz front followed by the dissassemble and reassamble of the vt front:(
100_5763.jpg

100_5766.jpg

100_5765.jpg

100_5768.jpg

100_5771.jpg

100_5772.jpg

100_5773.jpg

100_5779.jpg

100_5781.jpg

100_5783.jpg

100_5786.jpg

100_5792.jpg

100_5795.jpg

100_5797.jpg

100_5793.jpg

100_5804.jpg

100_5805.jpg

100_5808.jpg

100_5819.jpg

100_5823.jpg

100_5821.jpg

100_5824.jpg

there is more photos in the photobucket site just thought id share these with you all

I also retained the vz window wiper recess as all the measurements lined up and gave me no reason to take it off but fitting it up it doesnt fit properly so i will have to change that back.

LS1FUN

Confused with life..
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Holden VS S-Pack
Good god what a mess. Sorry mate but that's my opinion, absolute vomit.

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
Good god what a mess. Sorry mate but that's my opinion, absolute vomit.
you have no idea how much of a mess it was. what was your opinion on? cheers
So you've sold the front end? Didn't feel like I was gone for long & I come back and no front end....

Good luck with your travels - cars will always be here when you get back
havent sold it yet, got it advertised to be sold, just too many hassles that i dont need at this time, needed to line up everything so it sat right. so i am just going to "tidy" it up now. and leave it as is. maybe sell it once it is all clean or keep it til i get back.

cheers mate, i'll be working on super yachts as a chef soit is good money and very good experience. yea cars will always be here, next project will be done right the first time and it will be awesome (hopefully).

-scyth-

Im alright its the others
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Wagon 05
****! Big changes mate. Sorry to see it didnt workout at all but im sure it will work out again for the better soon. :thumbsup: all the best with the new job venture im sure it will be a blast!

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
good luck champ!
cheers mate, I'll keep you all posted
****! Big changes mate. Sorry to see it didnt workout at all but im sure it will work out again for the better soon. :thumbsup: all the best with the new job venture im sure it will be a blast!
yea it is a blast, we have a 50m super yacht ina garage getting repaired and we are situated about 100 meters from the brisbane river so we are getting sent home early cause of the floods, today we had to tie this massive boat down (It is 498 tonnes!!!) so we had to tie it up to the side pillars of a massive garage incase the flood waters get further up and sink the boat cause it isnt sealed up and water will get in the engine room.
Also I have taken off my clubsport rear bar and swapped over my 18" rims to my 15" rims so that if anything happens to my car it is not a complete loss.
I've also had another job offer come up for travelling on a 50meter yacht for 6 months at 3k a month, going to remote locations because the owner likes to dive, so I have applied for that job and have another 6 chef jobs coming through to me tonight to see if i am interested.
On the note of my car, I'll be looking at some repair shops in brisbane about fitting my vz front and painting my bodykit so i can get a price and see if that will fit into my budget, as much as i dont want to pay to get the work done, if i can afford it and it is reasonable & a good job then i will have to take that part, cause i dont think that my front end will sell easily ive had an enquiry for the whole front end but i think the sheer amount of work needed to convert it turned them away from it lol.

anyway guys, thanks for reading, ill keep you posted on progress and which way i will go.

if anyone knows any respectable repair shops in brisbane if you could pass their number onto me that will be much appreciated cheers

booders9

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
WHAT! All taken off.
NO WAY!
oh well. You made a great lookin car. good luck with what ever is next

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
tough break man, atleast you nearly had it done.