Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Luke's OR5UM VZ SSZ

LM8185

293.7rwkw/577.9nm VZ SSZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Very nice m8..any interior pics?
Wheels suit it but your tyre profile for 20 inch wheels is wrong..should be 225/30 or 245/30 profile not 35! Your speedo will be out of whack and rolling circumference is bigger..There are online tyre calculators that will confirm the correct sizes..otherwise cool..

I just checked a photo I have of them close up and they are definitely 225/35's which is what I was told to use by the tyre place. I'm not an expert so have to differ to the experts, who maybe aren't experts... Who can tell these days? When I have cruise control on and go through a speed camera I don't get fines so that's a good thing at least... :-/

I don't have any interior pics atm, but once I get the car back I'll probably take some more pics and be happy to throw one up. Cheers.

Last edited:

Vegemite

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Calais
Very nice m8..any interior pics?
Wheels suit it but your tyre profile for 20 inch wheels is wrong..should be 225/30 or 245/30 profile not 35! Your speedo will be out of whack and rolling circumference is bigger..There are online tyre calculators that will confirm the correct sizes..otherwise cool..
I think if he goes 225/30 the load rating for the tyre will be too low. When I got my new wheels and tyres they also gave me 225/35

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Sorry I stand corrected although seen some guys with 225 but yeah load rating is just a bit to low..but 245/30/20 IS the correct tyre with right load rating..
With 225/35/20 if you lower your car in the future they may scrub as many have reported here..just that bit of extra profile can make the difference between scrubbing and not..

Vegemite

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Calais
yea thats true. I get the occasional scrub on 225/35 on big bumps. Would 225/35 be a little bit more comfortable on the ride as you have more sidewall?

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
I have 30 on the front and 35 on the back on my Clubsport, no dramas. 245 width all round on 20s.

LM8185

293.7rwkw/577.9nm VZ SSZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
I've always had the same profile and not noticed any issues, no scrubbing etc. That said though it's the standard FE2 suspension so that might be why too.

In other news the cam profile going in has been changed. I was going to run a 216/226 112 but several people have said they think that is too small along with the heads etc, and my tuner has also rethought along the same lines as he told me today he thinks we should go with a 224/228 112 as coupled with the head work plus the T56 and 3.73:1 diff gears already in it that it should make some really good power, slightly higher in the rev range than the smaller cam, but substantially more.

LM8185

293.7rwkw/577.9nm VZ SSZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
New dyno figure in the first post. The car made 293.7rwkw and 577.9nm after the head and cam package with the same dyno and operator as the previous runs. That's a 68.4rwkw and 129.2nm gain. He said it's still got more in it based on air/fuel ratio too. Pretty happy with that atm.

Last edited:

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
What's the difference like overall? Drive ability, low end toque etc

LM8185

293.7rwkw/577.9nm VZ SSZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Overall I'm extremely happy with it but I'll be honest, driveability does need some work. Very low down revs struggle under load while turning etc, reversing to park, fast food drive through etc but that could partially come down to me never having driven a cammed car before. The guy who ran the dyno said it has some air/fuel mixture issues as its getting too much fuel down low and not enough fuel up top and the idle isn't great but all that can be fixed (it was live tuned on the road not dyno tuned). I took it back to the tuner today to speak to him about it and show him the read outs so he could see for himself and hopefully make some changes when we're both available but he's away and not back till Tuesday. As I said some minor issues, but overall I'm very happy with it.