Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lumpy Cam

dff88

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VS commodore ute
• 224°/224° at .050"

• Intake Lift .335" (.536" lift at 1.6:1 rocker ratio)

• Exhaust Lift .335" (.536" lift at 1.6:1 rocker ratio)

• 113 LSA

This is the biggest cam that comp cams do for a ecotec

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
Depends what you want out of the cam. A cam like that ^ is gonna be a pig on the street, and won't make much power below 3000rpm. Best to tell the cam manufacturer what you use the car for and take their advice. Bigger isn't better. My daily car has a cam with duration of 270/276 with lift of 293/294. It's not big but still a bitch in traffic, all i can say is thankgod I can slip the clutch.

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
my vr v6 with no shaft is 100 times smoother than a stocker thanks to a proper bottom end balance, sure it wouldnt be as smooth as a balanced v8 but then a v8 wont be as smooth as an inline or flat 6. i would have more torque if i left the shaft in? i think not. thats like saying i have more torque with my drive belt on driving all the ancillaries as opposed to just the balancer.

haha i didnt even bother to look at the date does it really matter tho? why cant a thread be revived with new info? i hate it when ppl get slammed and sworn at for posting something in an old thread saves making new ones.

any loss in rotating mass of an engine will reduce torque end of story

my personal opinion is to leave the balence shaft in but i have no proof of why it shoould stay but i think the engine works better with it that is just me