Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MACE Cold Air Intake

MACE

Reaction score
Hi Steve,

Just ordered a VT 5.0 CAI - i note that there is no fitting instructions for the v8 on your website. should i follow the VT V6 or the VN-VR V8 instruction?

thanks

Hi RavenSS,

Thank you for your enquiry:

"Just ordered a VT 5.0 CAI - i note that there is no fitting instructions for the v8 on your website. should i follow the VT V6 or the VN-VR V8 instruction?"
Unfortunately we don't have any fitting instructions to suit these at this point in time. The instructions that would closely relate to the installation of this CAI kit would be a combination of the VT-VY V6 and VZ V6 CAI fitting instructions. The only things that would not be apparent in the instructions is shown in the points below.

*The factory intake pipe is replaced with one of the supplied rubber hoses
*The MAF needs to be rotated to clear the engine
*The ignition module mounted to the factory airbox will need to be removed and mounted inside the factory air box using one of the original airbox screws.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve

luckyvt94

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Thunder SS
I have a v6 Vy stock apart from 2 1/2" cat back. I do a far bit of peak hour driving. Just want to know if it's worth me buying a cai with the amount of bumper to bumper driving I do.

Also thinking of going down the l67 track in the future so obviously the gains ect. will be greater then.

MACE

Reaction score
I have a v6 Vy stock apart from 2 1/2" cat back. I do a far bit of peak hour driving. Just want to know if it's worth me buying a cai with the amount of bumper to bumper driving I do.

Also thinking of going down the l67 track in the future so obviously the gains ect. will be greater then.

Hi luckyvt94,

"I have a v6 Vy stock apart from 2 1/2" cat back. I do a far bit of peak hour driving. Just want to know if it's worth me buying a cai with the amount of bumper to bumper driving I do."
It genuinely would be as factory CAI draws in air from above the radiator resulting in heat soak. In saying this though, another option to consider would be our manifold insulator which would work well under these circumstances.

"Also thinking of going down the l67 track in the future so obviously the gains ect. will be greater then"
There would be even greater gains with running our CAI kit on an L67.

Kindest Regards,
Steve

luckyvt94

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Thunder SS
Thanks Steve.
I'll start saving my pennys. Think I'll end up getting both the cai and the spacers.

adi91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Hey Steve, I have been reading this thread for a while now...quick replies from ur side are much appreciated (y)

Anyhow I live in Saudi Arabia and drive a Chevy Lumina 06 V6 3.6, I guess its called the Holden Commodore VZ SV6 there in AUS :\ , after being through half of the thread and still reading :p

I'm interested in buying MACE-CAI,now I dunno if the specs are the same of my car as of the Holden Commodore VZ SV6 there in AUS, what more info do I need to provide you so that u would know that my car is compatible with this product or not. Hope to receive your reply ASAP as one of my friend is coming from AUS this week (hope to save on shipping that way!!) :D :smoking:

Cheers

andy7melo

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina international
Hey guys this is a lil of topic and not mace brand but I have a 2011 berlina international series ii 3.0L and was looking at putting an opg cai off ebay on it just to kinda see how it all goes thoughts? Having a lot of trouble finding performance parts for my car, eventually I want to get the efi tune down on it but yea in the mean time wanted to play a bit

MACE

Reaction score
Hey guys this is a lil of topic and not mace brand but I have a 2011 berlina international series ii 3.0L and was looking at putting an opg cai off ebay on it just to kinda see how it all goes thoughts? Having a lot of trouble finding performance parts for my car, eventually I want to get the efi tune down on it but yea in the mean time wanted to play a bit

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your inquiry.

"Hey guys this is a lil of topic and not mace brand but I have a 2011 berlina international series ii 3.0L and was looking at putting an opg cai off ebay on it just to kinda see how it all goes thoughts? Having a lot of trouble finding performance parts for my car, eventually I want to get the efi tune down on it but yea in the mean time wanted to play a bit"
Depending on your budget and what you would like to achieve, there are a number of other options that can be considered. To give you an idea as to the possible upgrades, please refer to our performance package page which is shown in the link below.

http://support.maceengineering.com....0/ve-lfx-lfw-lf1-sidi-v6-performance-packages

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Michael

MACE

Reaction score
Hey Steve, I have been reading this thread for a while now...quick replies from ur side are much appreciated (y)

Anyhow I live in Saudi Arabia and drive a Chevy Lumina 06 V6 3.6, I guess its called the Holden Commodore VZ SV6 there in AUS :\ , after being through half of the thread and still reading :p

I'm interested in buying MACE-CAI,now I dunno if the specs are the same of my car as of the Holden Commodore VZ SV6 there in AUS, what more info do I need to provide you so that u would know that my car is compatible with this product or not. Hope to receive your reply ASAP as one of my friend is coming from AUS this week (hope to save on shipping that way!!) :D :smoking:

Cheers

Hi adi91,

"Anyhow I live in Saudi Arabia and drive a Chevy Lumina 06 V6 3.6, I guess its called the Holden Commodore VZ SV6 there in AUS :\ , after being through half of the thread and still reading :p
That's correct

"I'm interested in buying MACE-CAI,now I dunno if the specs are the same of my car as of the Holden Commodore VZ SV6 there in AUS, what more info do I need to provide you so that u would know that my car is compatible with this product or not. Hope to receive your reply ASAP as one of my friend is coming from AUS this week (hope to save on shipping that way!!)"
From previous experience, I'm very optimistic that we'll be able to assist. To confirm though, we would need your help with some photos of your current engine/vehicle.

Kindest Regards,
Steve

RazzleDazzle

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VX Commodore
Do they work well lets see. After the VX did Holden fit the CAI system as standard to any other Commodore models.