Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MACE Cold Air Intake

Clarky57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive L67 V6 sedan
Yes it draws in cooler air from down under the headlight area ... I wish I had've got the all clear Perspex one as they look cooler but I've been more than happy with mine ... I've had conflicting opinions on wether to oil the pod or leave it dry, I gave mine a light spray with K&N air filter oil when I first fitted it 6 months ago and when I cleaned it with brake cleaner just recently it was hardly dirty at all ... any thoughts?

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
oil will help catch micron particles. If you want a much better filter than K&N go Unifilter, oiled foam. Wash the filter with mineral turps brake cleaner will damage it.

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Does Mace still inhabit these forums?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
So that is obviously a No (last seen 19 Aug 17).

they are still about , Steve has a business to run as well , might I suggest you visit their website , I'm sure they will be more than happy to answer your questions .

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
I wasted my money on the mace cold air intake for my vz. I couldn't even follow the instructions that's how poorly they were done. I ended up not going ahead with the install and it got stolen from my garage so it ended up in a **** hole

Slick_Vp_23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV M6
I wasted my money on the mace cold air intake for my vz. I couldn't even follow the instructions that's how poorly they were done. I ended up not going ahead with the install and it got stolen from my garage so it ended up in a **** hole
That’s MACE’s fault? What were you hoping for with this post? Plenty of others have installed their own with no problems mate. I’d say if you have a drama, take it up with the person reading the instructions.

MACE

Reaction score
Hi scaredyet,

We are terribly sorry to hear about the challenges and troubles. Could you please let us know if we were directly contacted about the fitment issues? I say this because, we have sold hundred of these kits over the years and several of them installed by us, we would certainly have been able to help out if the instructions on the website were of no use.
Is there a chance that you could give us an order number/name that was used for the order.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
Michael