Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace Engineering Development Car

VS_WPN

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Ahh yes.. i hardly do any highway kms. 400 around town with a moderately heavy foot lol.

MACE

Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately the before and after dyno runs weren't consistent so we don't know, from this car, what the true gains were at each stage.

In this respect I'm very disappointed as I personally spent a great deal of my own time and money to get the project off the ground (definitely can't forget VS_WPN help too :))

In saying this though I'm very impressed with the way the car drives, as it has a very broad range of power, unlike some cam only cars I've been in the past which are crying for a higher stall converter and don't drive all that well on the street :)

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Why the disappointment Mace ? Its not an easy engine to work on NA wise. Raptors new intake manifold has died in the guts as well, havent heard nothing from it. In time you may be able to retest on another car ?

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I got just over 500K's in my ecotec just the other week that was around Canberra I was surprised that I got that considering I was pushing the car a bit as I had just put injector cleaner in the tank and thought that if I drive hard it may just may help clean the crap out of the injectors a bit better than driving normally.

VS_WPN

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Just got 550km out of my tank with the dash saying 100km left (I probably wouldn't get that but anyway) :0 I hardly ever go bellow a quarter tank so i never knew i could push it this much =D

MACE

Reaction score
Why the disappointment Mace ? Its not an easy engine to work on NA wise. Raptors new intake manifold has died in the guts as well, havent heard nothing from it. In time you may be able to retest on another car ?

I was disappointment by the fact that they didn't dyno the car properly and not the performance, which I'm very happy with :D