Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace Engineering Development Car

VS_WPN

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
138.5rwkw is nearly 200kw at the engine isnt it ?

It made 138.5rwkw. Not bad for low comp heads. Also noticed my idler pulleys were completed ****ed and didn't even spin on my finger when i took them both off..lol, hope that didn't make me show less power..probz not.

On a more important note that we failed to address earlier is that the before dyno graphs where actually incorrect! Which is very frustrating, they were not done in shootout mode because of some technicality with the dyno dynamics software, therefore the before readings where incorrect =[ Furthermore, we could not produce a before and after results with this particular car. I hope this clears any confusion and/or misleading information.

Last edited:

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
200kw is pretty good in my opinion, like you said especially without cam. Your not suffering the same fuel eco losses etc.

VS_WPN

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
200kw is pretty good in my opinion, like you said especially without cam. Your not suffering the same fuel eco losses etc.

Talking about fuel economy, I'm getting better fuel economy from when i first bought the car. I can get 400km/tank and maybe more if i drive more cautiously. When i first got the car i could only get 320km/tank max.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
maybe you have issues i can get 600 to a tank with boost involved

VS_WPN

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
maybe you have issues i can get 600 to a tank with boost involved

Hmm I've never heard of anyone getting 600L in an ecotec :S not even my parents car (Stock VY V6) gets that good fuel economy. lol. Next time I fill up I'll drive like a granny and see what I can get, but i doubt I'll get 600. Has anyone else gotten 600 in an ecotec?

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
I used to get 680k's to a tank. THat would include 100km drive to work and back which included monash freeway about 70% of it with stop start on top for 4-5 days, and short trips in the evening and weekend. VP and VN Buick engines are not very economical.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
lol, the missus gets 400km's a tank in her VS and she's got a heavy foot. on the highway that goes over 600 easy and my VN would get even further if i could drive the entire way sensibly