Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MACE flash tune for SV6 SIDI...opinions?

MACE

Reaction score
'Very informative steve, i am currently saving up on the side so hopefully in the coming months i will be contacting you. I do have a question though, i believe that you are based in Melbourne? I live in south morang and was wondering what is the expected time to install an otr and get a base tune on for a sidi?"
Correct. The time installation with the VCM item will vary depending on if you have a manifold insulator or not (which will likely be needed for it to work with VCM). Orrsom OTR is easier to install and will take around 1/2 hour to install. In regards to the tune it's generally not something that is done straight away and usually takes around a day once we have a read file(s) from your vehicle.

"And also to get a lesson in how to program and data log stats from the car sent to yourself and load it onto the car again?"
I guess. In saying this though it's literally a couple of mouse clicks for the job, so it would probably take about 2 min :p . The only difficult part would be getting a hold of laptop with a Windows operating system on it (preferably Win 7)

Cheers,
Steve

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
What sort of price bracket would we be talking about here? Just for a basic tune to increase power and economy enough to keep me happy until I feel it's time to do some more to the car Lol

MACE

Reaction score
What sort of price bracket would we be talking about here? Just for a basic tune to increase power and economy enough to keep me happy until I feel it's time to do some more to the car Lol

At the moment the price is $550 for a tune, however this will likely be going up to be able to maintain the high level of after sales support for this service or start charging for this support separately. It may seem like much but for those who have experienced the service would appreciate why :)

As for more information about the tune specifically please check out the link below.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/mace-engineering/167287-mace-ve-v6-tune-review.html

Seeing you have an auto I dare say you'll be happy with the tune to say the least :)

Cheers,
Steve

MACE

Reaction score
No answer to my question?
My apologies I missed it :(

Is there much benefit vs outlay to put a tune on a stock standard SII SV6 Auto?
Put it this way, out of all of the mods you can do around this price bracket this one will definitely have the greatest impact in transforming the driving experience by far (especially being an auto) in a good way :)