Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace VE V6 Tune Review

Ridges

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY09
Ridges think it was 480? check with Mace though, Its worth doing!.

I might send them a message when I get back in Perth, sounds like a good idea to start with on the car. Cheers :p

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

MACE

Reaction score
Hi,

Just had my 2009 VE Omega V6 tuned by Mace Engineering.
I would suggest this tune for anyone with an VE V6 looking for more Kw/Torque and better fuel consumption. I noticed the gains straight away a lot better throttle response and quicker acceleration!. After a hour or so of city driving i checked my fuel consumption and it was a lot better than i used to get. The tune was really easy to install took only a few minutes.

I would like to thank Steve from mace for the great customer service and the product was sent out promptly.

Cheers,

Ah excellent Andrew,

Glad to hear it’s all sorted and you’re happy with how she goes :D

It would be interesting to see what the economy gains are over time. The one thing that would put me off buying a VE is the throttle response when i try to give it a bit. If a mace tune can improve that its definitely something to think about

The later model the VE, the more that can do done with them, for arguments sake can get rid of the torque management off all together and fully control the 6 speed auto’s, depending on the application (bolt ons, cam boost). This should filter down to the 5 speeds and earlier VE and VZ’s over time.

(flamesuit on) lol i am way noob at cars.. i know little things but not much. but to start with what is a tune? how do you 'install it' and how much did it cost? i would love to have just a little better throttle response on my omega..

monkeys437 I'm getting a 1.5-2.5 per 100 better than before the tune. Which i'm very pleased about because in town my car used to use lots of fuel!.

pickle46, The tune is a file that you put onto your car(it adjust settings in the cars computer i think). You put it on using a laptop and a cable that connects to the car from the laptop and you use the software and the tune file from mace and put it on your car. As for the price call mace its cheaper than the other tunes i looked at. Throttle response is improved as well i could notice it right away. Hope this helps.

In regards to the tuning procedure, all people need to do is to give us a list of their current mods, desired outcomes (within reason), and VIN number. We send up the programmer/data logger (which requires a PC) with software and email out a base tune.

Once the base tune is flashed the runs are logged, which need to be emailed back to enable us to revise the tune to suit your car specifically. We then email up a revised tune (where needed) at no cost.

So it’s not just a basic generic tune that you end up with which, depending on the number of logs, can work out to be better then a dyno tune given the additional information under real world conditions :)

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Ridges

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY09
I've ordered the manifold insulators, and will be ordering the airhammer intake kit soonish. I'd be interested in getting it tuned to hopefully get similiar results to Andrew. Do you have any before/after results from customers in terms of torque/kw gains?
Cheers,

MACE

Reaction score
I've ordered the manifold insulators, and will be ordering the airhammer intake kit soonish. I'd be interested in getting it tuned to hopefully get similiar results to Andrew. Do you have any before/after results from customers in terms of torque/kw gains?
Cheers,

Hey Ridges,

We have as shown below :)
allensjpgmainproperSMALL.jpg

The run is of kuzman89's car off this forum, the only mods he had before the tune was a cat back exhaust (not 100% sure?) and a CAI kit.

Bare in mind this car has only been flashed a base tune, I've never received any logs of his car after the tune when it was done in October last year so there is definitely more in it.

In saying this though the gains shown are decent and pretty much across the entire rev range :)

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Ridges

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY09
Steve,

Looks good. My only worry now would be the effect on the extended factory warranty which I'm guessing doesn't cover these sorts of modifications haha. Are the Airhammer kits similiar to the K&N filters in that they need to be oiled? Would that cause problems with the MAF?

MACE

Reaction score
If you choose to buy the programmer outright, you can always flash the factory program back in the car, if that helps :)

The airhammer kits, like the K&N items need to be oiled.

It can cause problems with the signal coming from the MAF if it's over oiled and not cleaned on a regular basis

YouTube - Cleaning your Mass Airflow Sensor

Cheers,
Steve

Ridges

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY09
Haha okay no problem. I'll get back to you later. Cheers for the info