Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace VE V6 Tune Review

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
You are correct, difference is the shift points in your car cannot be altered, the other tunable auto would change gears at better positions, increasing pickup. However if you can find and install a shift kit, this will help quite a bit. Also, a lot of people report that upgrading the diff in a stock car actually helps the shift points - unsure if this is true or not.

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
You are correct, difference is the shift points in your car cannot be altered, the other tunable auto would change gears at better positions, increasing pickup. However if you can find and install a shift kit, this will help quite a bit. Also, a lot of people report that upgrading the diff in a stock car actually helps the shift points - unsure if this is true or not.

hm ok ok thats fine then, i only want to go from 2.92 to 3.27 so i dont think it will be too bad. Do you know if the torque management system can be reduced or is this considered apart of the engine tune up? basicly get rid of the torque limiter before 3k rpm.....

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Yeah the tune can do that... can also raise the rev limiter. Most people on here get it raised to 7k rpm.Though with cams I'd love to see one hitting 8k haha.

I'm also looking for a 3.27 LSD, so if you find some place cheap, let me know lol.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I have a 3.27 single spinner with only around 5000km on it. Oh yeah 8k would be good....might think about that.

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Nice, its all coming together now :) . More revs must mean more power haha. yea i'll let you know, I havent seen many for sale second hand and the ones i have seen are in need of refurbishing. such a pain..

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Jarp I would, but I've got LSD on my 2.92 atm and would only want to upgrade to another LSD.

mark7

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE V8 Calais V/ 08 VE Omega
Sent an email with a few followup questions before buying but haven't heard back from them since sending it a couple days ago but hopefully someone here can help me.

Would the tune put anything on the car out like the speedo. I'm not expecting it to but don't want to get a (bad) surprise after installing it. I've read a bit about ghost cams with this tune. Should I ask to have it included or does it come with all tunes MACE send out.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Speedo won't have to be recalibrated nor will it affect anything else like that. The ghost cam is a feature that you can choose to have via the tuning software. It can be turned on and off by you, the end user using the programmer. If you do choose to set the ghost cam, keep in mind that it can be remotely turned off via the traction control button on the centre console and ghost cam is only ever active at idle.

Hope this helps. Also Mace are incredibly busy at the moment. So keep in that in mind.

MACE

Reaction score
Sent an email with a few followup questions before buying but haven't heard back from them since sending it a couple days ago but hopefully someone here can help me.

Would the tune put anything on the car out like the speedo. I'm not expecting it to but don't want to get a (bad) surprise after installing it. I've read a bit about ghost cams with this tune. Should I ask to have it included or does it come with all tunes MACE send out.
Hey Mark,

The speedo won't be put out with our flash tune. The only difference will be the increase in performance :)

We don't have the ghost cam option available for the Alloytec at the moment