Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace VE V6 Tune Review

MACE

Reaction score
Steve...do you have control of the amount of fuel going to each bank or better still each cylinder?
The definition file doesn't go that far (yet?). That's not to say that it can't be found, hard to justify doing as few people would go to the trouble of logging individual runner temps or AFRs

In saying this though, to improve air distribution between cylinder we not have a plenum spacer to suit the 3.6L SIDI :D

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
The definition file doesn't go that far (yet?). That's not to say that it can't be found, hard to justify doing as few people would go to the trouble of logging individual runner temps or AFRs

In saying this though, to improve air distribution between cylinder we not have a plenum spacer to suit the 3.6L SIDI :D

How can that fit though Steve? In regards to bonnet clearance...

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Saw that on the camaro forums, they are going nuts over them. Good to see you protecting your product as well!!

MACE

Reaction score
How can that fit though Steve? In regards to bonnet clearance...
Haven't done a test fitment on a local vehicle yet, so I can say if it will be compatible with the manifold insulator. However without the rearmost bolt for the plenum lid installed it "should" be ok. The spacer was designed this way, go without the rear most bolt

Get a bonnet like mine and you'll have no worries :)
Just get rid of the bonnet all together :p

Saw that on the camaro forums, they are going nuts over them. Good to see you protecting your product as well!!
Yeah protected here and the States FTW :D

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Steve, I can't say the Plenum spacer would fit with the Insulator as well. Mine atm is running really close to the bonnet.
I would be more than happy to do a test fit, as I'm going to jump to the conclusion that it'll be one or the other for people, not both :(
I would be glad to be proven wrong though haha

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Had to go off the cane juice for a trip on the weekend. Got to say the reduction in low down push back on 98 is really noticeable. Up the top of the rev range the 98 feels smoother than the E85 but it is down low where the 98 looses out big time. Looking forward to getting back on the cane :)

MACE

Reaction score
Steve, I can't say the Plenum spacer would fit with the Insulator as well. Mine atm is running really close to the bonnet.
I would be more than happy to do a test fit, as I'm going to jump to the conclusion that it'll be one or the other for people, not both :(
I would be glad to be proven wrong though haha
If you're happy to try I'm happy to send :D

Had to go off the cane juice for a trip on the weekend. Got to say the reduction in low down push back on 98 is really noticeable. Up the top of the rev range the 98 feels smoother than the E85 but it is down low where the 98 looses out big time. Looking forward to getting back on the cane :)
Cane FTW. E85 that is :p LOL

Mortuary

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI Sportwagon
So far during tune process Steve has been super cool. If you are not too mechanically minded like myself Steve breaks things down and answers any question big or small. Can't wait to see the changes after my log is reviewed!

On a side note - can someone explain how to activate ghost cam? I've tried the cruise control but doesn't seem to do a thing? Do I have to do something via the tune program?

MACE

Reaction score
So far during tune process Steve has been super cool. If you are not too mechanically minded like myself Steve breaks things down and answers any question big or small. Can't wait to see the changes after my log is reviewed!

On a side note - can someone explain how to activate ghost cam? I've tried the cruise control but doesn't seem to do a thing? Do I have to do something via the tune program?

Thanks for the constructive feedback Mortuary :D

For ghost cam the steps are

Program
Adjust Tune Setting
3.6L SIDI
Set Ghost Cam
Adjust setting
Accept setting
Once this has been done program the vehicle as you normally would for the changes to take place :)

I'll keep you posted with the revised tune via email

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited: