Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mad Engine Science (L67 Starter Motor to fit LE0 Engines)

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
Hi there so i have did a little research and found the starter motor out of a the L36/67 engines have the same mounting brackets on them as the LE0 Engines but they are rotated a bit differently now my question is would i be able to fit it to a LE0 engine i don't know how the different voltage would affect it Has Any One Done This Be for? if it dose fit would i have to say change the Alternator to a higher amp one to continue to supply power back to the battery after the larger starter motor sucking the juce out of it to start the engine?. Only Reason i ask is i have a Spare Bosch starter motor for a super6 and my mother needs a starter motor as hers is clicking due to the solenoid on its way out and we don't have the $200 spare to buy a Bosch starter motor for the VE.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
One way to find out, bolt it in and see what happens. You can look at starter motor catalogs and see if that part numbers are the same or similar.

But, if you were prepared to go to the trouble of buying and changing out the alternator for a higher amp one (which I would doubt you would have to do if this worked), wouldn't it just be easier and cost just as much to get the correct starter motor in the first place?

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
One way to find out, bolt it in and see what happens. You can look at starter motor catalogs and see if that part numbers are the same or similar.

But, if you were prepared to go to the trouble of buying and changing out the alternator for a higher amp one (which I would doubt you would have to do if this worked), wouldn't it just be easier and cost just as much to get the correct starter motor in the first place?
I also have a super 6 alternator brand new.

Won't fit
Bolts on differently.
Check out the link
i see that the mount is different but i do have a welder and scrap metal around i could make a bracket in 2 seconds but my main question was if i needed to upgrade the alternator to supply enough power back to battery and would it actually work the starter motor without frying somthing.

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
Hi there so i have did a little research and found the starter motor out of a the L36/67 engines have the same mounting brackets on them as the LE0 Engines but they are rotated a bit differently now my question is would i be able to fit it to a LE0 engine i don't know how the different voltage would affect it Has Any One Done This Be for? if it dose fit would i have to say change the Alternator to a higher amp one to continue to supply power back to the battery after the larger starter motor sucking the juice out of it to start the engine?. Only Reason i ask is i have a Spare Bosch starter motor for a super6 and my mother needs a starter motor as hers is clicking due to the solenoid on its way out and we don't have the $200 spare to buy a Bosch starter motor for the VE.
so i looked in my history the day i looked at the two starter motors i am wrong mounts differently i searched Le0 Engine only on both the pages i had up so that's a lol on my acc:)