Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mafless tune, Pod or OTR and now a TB issue!

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
how much performance will ya get outta a tune anyways? .. being 1,000 odd bucks im assuming it would be alot? .. What sorta percentage would ya be lookin at if ya were to do a few bolt on type mods anyways?

In a late model LS1 M6, full exhaust, quality OTR and tune you'd see around 230-240rwkw. Chuck a cam in and you're up around 260-270rwkw.

*These are ballpark figures, some cars give low numbers, some higher, and depends on how well each mods suits the others.

Last edited:

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
I Know mines a vx But still the same. I run a DUSPEED OTRCAI with a maffless tune by OZtrack and am pretty happy with the OTRCAI. The tune i got was a maffless mail order tune and has been touched up by Steve at Oztrack. Will have to go see him again wheni get the cam done for a dyno tune.. Im pretty happy with what i got out of it only cost $1100 for the lot.

RicheCV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY CV8 Monaro
Oh man that's awesome, might go though VCM Performance at some stage for the tune and cai. I think HPF are about $200 cheaper though.

mike_07

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz bt1
hey give gm motorsport in melton a call they have some good packages or even HTR. what have u done to ur beast so far? havent been on in awhile :)

RicheCV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY CV8 Monaro
The Monaro is booked in at Chevs to have a colour coded Duspeed otrcai and a mafless tune. I am hanging to see what it can achieve on the dyno.

Thanks to all your help.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Good luck with it mate, the DUS otr's are awesome so nice choice.

ssmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss thunder
The Monaro is booked in at Chevs to have a colour coded Duspeed otrcai and a mafless tune. I am hanging to see what it can achieve on the dyno.

Thanks to all your help.

just wondering what price you paid for this work? thanks

RicheCV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY CV8 Monaro
just wondering what price you paid for this work? thanks

Depends on the vehicle really. Give Gary a call at Chevs and let him know Richie sent ya.