Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Main engine belt too short!

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Hi - I tried to replace the belt on my VT Supercharged - but it is too short by about 20 mm. Holden supplied the belt according to their listing. The old belt was marked as 6PK2845 (Gates brand).
Anyone have the same problem?
What am I doing wrong?
Help?

ACEMonkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Acclaim S1
New belts are usually tighter than the old ones, but the tensioner usually takes care of that - you might need to pull the tensioner to as far as you can before slipping the belt on.

Another possibility is you've been supplied with the incorrect belt - did you tell them your car is a supercharged model and not a straight V6?

adamandtanya

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt calais
engine belt

in 2000 sometime holden changed the size on a pulley so i think their is 2 belt sizes if you give holden the last 4 digits of your vin number they should be able to give you the right one i think they changed it around sept 2000 hope this helps

Fr3ak+--

Closed On Monday
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Exec 5 Speed
just go to repco and give them the number of the old belt.. they will give you the right one.. genuine is prolly alot more expensive aswell

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Thanks all - I went back to Holden and they gave me the correct belt. As easy as that!
BTW - the belt is slightly longer for supercharged engines.
BTW2 - $40 - I thought that was OK.