Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Major cat problem

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab

Crossbows arent accurate, so that would be illegal and inhumane. I catch anyone doing that to a cat and I'll do it to them.
bawhahaha at crossbows arent accurate:rofl2: you mustn’t have shot 1 before. An you would hate me then cus any cat that comes into my yard rarely makes it out alive.My latest trick is my compound bow and a arrow with the head removed an replaced with a golfball shatters their insides an they dont make off with the arrow if it isnt a kill shot.;) Oh an if you wanna come find me you better have a big gun cus i do.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
bawhahaha at crossbows arent accurate:rofl2: you mustn’t have shot 1 before. An you would hate me then cus any cat that comes into my yard rarely makes it out alive.My latest trick is my compound bow and a arrow with the head removed an replaced with a golfball shatters their insides an they dont make off with the arrow if it isnt a kill shot.;) Oh an if you wanna come find me you better have a big gun cus i do.

Tool..

"better have a big gun cus i do" :blah blah:

careful, the internet is scared

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
The internet shouldnt be scared just people an an wanted animals coming on my property.:kissmy: by the way

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
It is inhumane if it suffers a slow and painful death. Try explaining to a young child as i have had to do before why their beloved pet dragged itself home and bled to death in the yard with an arrow stuck in its back. Why should someone have that done to their pet? Feral cats in the outback sure, they are like any wild animal and often need to be culled. I haven't got anything against shooting wild animals per se as long as it's done in the appropriate way and location (ducks, feral cats and pigs, whatever). I myself went on dunk hunts with one of my uncles when i was younger. But the OP's question is about domestic cats in a residential area not feral cats. Killing the neighbour's pets is not the answer to his problem, as frustrating as it would be for him to have to deal with it.

Don't shoot in the back, shoot in the head. Dad shot my cat when i was about 6 years old, the only person it liked was me, everyone else would either get bitten or scratched. So he caught it put it in a cotton bag and took it up to my uncles block of land and shot it there. Instead of telling me he shot it, he just said it ran away, no need to tell them the truth, they can find out when their older. But thats a last resort and i'm not condoning it, the point i'm making is it's not "inhumane" if it's done properly. Apart from the lethal injection it's probably the most painless way for them to die.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Wow, so many dick head replies in this thread... hardly surprising though.

As far as I am aware you can legally use a humane trap to catch an animal that is a nucience and hand it to the RSPCA. The owners will usually get a fine and if it keeps happening they can't get it back. Hopefully after the first time the owners might start being a little more responsible for their cat and make sure it doesnt get out again.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
it's no wonder so many people hate cats
dogs have to be registered, and get dragged off to the pound if they are left to roam the neighborhood.
But it seems to be an acceptable thing for owners of cats to let their feral animal roam at night killing native wildlife, fighting, rooting, sitting on and scratching peoples cars etc etc

my sister lost a pet bird when a stray cat climbed into the garage and tried to get the bird through the cage. The bird died of shock. And then my previous car (which was also locked in a garage) was scratched all along the bonnet from a neighbours cat that used to sneak in the garage between wall and floor boards of the house. It also used to piss in the same spot in the garage making it stink. I tried spraying cat spray around the car, sprinkling talcum powder, lemon juice - all the usual things, but none of them discouraged the cat. I approached the neighbour about it, he denied it was his cat. So I threw a cover over my car and set up several rat traps which ended up with a big chunk of fur which looked like the tip of the cats tail. I saw the cat a couple of days later at the neighbours place, seemed alive & well, but never ventured back into my garage and the neighbour stopped talking to me, but hell, if the idiot locked his cat up at night, there wouldn't be a problems

sorry to the cat lovers, but cats are a menace as are many of their owners. Dogs you can tie up or fence in, cats need to be put in a cage or put down.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Check out your local laws but I believe you can legitimately trap a cat/animal that is on your property and then call the council to dispose of it. Make a pain of yourself, be calm and firm and eventually the council will pressure your neighbor to do something about it. If not just spit roast them. They taste like chicken :p (jk)

Reaper