Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Major cat problem

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Cats love to drink coolant high in glycol, the sweet taste attracts them and they drink it then the die, or get really sick. (also works with rats mice ect).

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
contact the council keep annoying them until they do something. if the cats are unresisted catch them and take them to your local rspca or equivalent.
if this fails harden up abit or move house.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
They gave us a cat trap for a week, but for our luck we only caught one registered cat which got returned...
Theres your problem, DONT give them back!!!

Josh.69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Executive S2
If I don't give the cat back where am I expected to put it?
Anybody want a cat?

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
If I don't give the cat back where am I expected to put it?
Anybody want a cat?

Don't listen to these ####stains just give the ####ing cat back.

seriously think about it you have to live near/next too your neighbors the last think you want is to piss them off.

TikTikTik

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Equipe S2
Although you may want to avoid pissing your neighbours off, if you're certain of which neighbour owns the cats then every time one of the cats wakes you up, get up and go round to their house, act like a complete asshole; none of this "excuse me but..." **** because they won't listen (if you can catch the cat, grab it by the scruff of the neck and take it with you). Although they won't like you, people either react tot the whole asshole act and do something about it (keep the cats indoors, hopefully) or will quickly sicken of having to put up with you waking them up and then do something about it. Sure, they can call the police and you might get a slap on the wrist for it, but that's when to raise your concerns about the RSPCA or whoever not doing anything about the annoying little bastards.

If you want to just trap the cats, take them a good 50-60km away from your suburb and drop them on the side of the road, they'll survive fine in the wild if they're outdoor cats and will jsut become feral, they'll never find their way home from that distance.

Josh.69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Executive S2
If you want to just trap the cats, take them a good 50-60km away from your suburb and drop them on the side of the road, they'll survive fine in the wild if they're outdoor cats and will jsut become feral, they'll never find their way home from that distance.

I think that's my best option, and in doing that I also get some driving experience for my log book :) haha

Krilnik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
1. Borrow a friends dog for a few weeks.
2. Avoid feeding above mentioned dog.
3. Cat problem gone.
4. Return dog to your friend.

But seriously, you must know someone with a dog. Ask if you can keep it in your backyard for a few days to see what happens.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
1. Borrow a friends dog for a few weeks.
2. Avoid feeding above mentioned dog.
3. Cat problem gone.
4. Return dog to your friend.

But seriously, you must know someone with a dog. Ask if you can keep it in your backyard for a few days to see what happens.

Haha, had to laugh. This happened at my parents years ago.

Cat was sitting on top of the fence, dog launched himself at the fence, cat fell off and the dog went to town on it.

Neighbour wasn't real happy when my old man presented him with his cat in a plastic bag.

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
I think that's my best option, and in doing that I also get some driving experience for my log book :) haha

If your gonna do that you might as well just kill it, feral cats are a pest, don't do that.