Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

major intermittent problem.

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
just another suggestion check your trans fluid level when it is very low it will cause the car to stall also.
and there are no air leaks in your intake pipe?

off_tap_vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
trans level is good. master cylinder dosnt have any leaks. yet to try the fuel pressure regulator.

off_tap_vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
lol whats the chance of the distributer shitting it self, buying one from the wreckers that is ****ed and my mate bringing one around that is ****ed

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
not so much the dizzy but the CAS inside are just like the AFM's tempremental bloody things.
you need to try one from a working car

vlpwr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Check the condition of the wire coming from the air flow metre for condition make sure its as far away from the engine as possible, and try a new fuel pump fuel relay etc.

stander

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
clear the Computer and do another diagnostic.
either your fuel pump either 2 of them Inertia(inside tank) and high pressure(External)is on its way out.
fuel filter blocked??.....
it does sound like it is a Crank angle Sensor (CAS) problem or the Air Flow Meter(AFM).. thats what they cause when not running correctly.
u say u have swapped the afm was it a good working one???? Backfires can cause the hot wire in the AFM to blow out and destroy the AFM..
was the CAS(inside Dizzy) a good one as well??? (Where these from a wreckers? could be damaged already)
also check all your vacuum lines as well as your intake piping has no leaks between AFM and throttlebody this will cause car to run ****.
Let us know..... it does not sound like a huge problem... i would say nearly all Rb30 owners have had this problem before as the engines are 20+ years old now.
Another could be the Throttle Position Sensor(TPS) or AAC Valve located on Plenum..
Goodluck

Hi Detox, just noticed this post when it comes to buying a decent Crank Angle Sensor. I need a new one for my 88 VL Exec RB30 and was hoping you might be able to recommend a decent one. I rang up Repco the other day and they quoted me $109 bucks ( Champion part number) for a new one for a Hitachi dissy, and $244 for a Mistsubishi. Also, I take it the make of mine would be found somehwere in the dissy?

Last edited: