Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

make it look pretty!!! 89 vn

jonko

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5 ltr
well maybe he wants to fix this one up and to pick up a ss like yours looks like a vt-vx from pick for 5-6k it most likely wont be in best of condision it some people may like the look of a vn and it is people like you that wreck dreams ect like myself i have a vn 5 ltr yeah its not the flashest car around but i know i can get in it have some fun and if i wreck it a bit or scratch it its not going to cost a sh*t load to fix. i have a mate that has a vn wagon wich ran a 8.4 second pass on a 1/8 mile with v6 and a supercharger bog stock engine yet there is ss's out the LS1's pulling 8.5-9second passes and this wagon has been built for under 2k look it up in progress thread vnv666

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
A ten tonne hammer to it and start over... maybe make a playground out of the remelted steel.. do something for the community.. go green by getting the car off the road and communal spirit by turning the block into a bbq plate
Not everyone has a new flasy ar or a big job to buy new stuff all the time.. Like others have said dont wreck other dreams man.. What about all the old amerian muscle cars, should we just crush them too? My 7 year old son has a 65 mustang that im working on that needs some lovin and sure its not gunna be a fast streeter or show car should i just crush that too?

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
fe2, painted ceptors, clean and detail everything you can see and venetians.

next!! :p

Demoniak

Like a pig in kaakaa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE 6.0 SS Ute, 02 VX II SS Sedan
well maybe he wants to fix this one up and to pick up a ss like yours looks like a vt-vx from pick for 5-6k it most likely wont be in best of condision it some people may like the look of a vn and it is people like you that wreck dreams ect like myself i have a vn 5 ltr yeah its not the flashest car around but i know i can get in it have some fun and if i wreck it a bit or scratch it its not going to cost a sh*t load to fix. i have a mate that has a vn wagon wich ran a 8.4 second pass on a 1/8 mile with v6 and a supercharger bog stock engine yet there is ss's out the LS1's pulling 8.5-9second passes and this wagon has been built for under 2k look it up in progress thread vnv666

I doubt a stock engine wagon ran 8.4 on the pass.. keep dreaming.. and i said if he saved up + saved the money he would spend on mods he could have a better car (10k+ one). Its not about price.. i had a 2010 VE SSV that i sold cause i didnt like it..

Not everyone has a new flasy ar or a big job to buy new stuff all the time.. Like others have said dont wreck other dreams man.. What about all the old amerian muscle cars, should we just crush them too? My 7 year old son has a 65 mustang that im working on that needs some lovin and sure its not gunna be a fast streeter or show car should i just crush that too?

a 65 mustang is a classic.. not a rust box

Demoniak

Like a pig in kaakaa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE 6.0 SS Ute, 02 VX II SS Sedan
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/projects/146595-v6-vn-dragger-2-a.html
all its got is a sc14 supercharger wich he picked up for $400 and i know the time is not a lie because im mates with him and we race at the same track so dont underestermate a vn v6 you can make them go good for verylittle $

oh 1/8 mile... LOL... so maybe a 16 second 1/4 mile.. meh..sorry use to people quoting 1/4 mile times.. not 1/8 mile...want a fast 1/8 mile.. get a motorbike :)
the ls1 forums talk alot about sc v6 and how meh it is compared to a tuned LS1 gen 3 or 4.

..Anyway.. my point was that he is better off saving his dosh and puttting it into a good car... i started the same but what i did was upgrade my car every time when i saved + sold it.

Heres how my cars went: (all manuals)
Hyundai Excell - $5k
Nissan Silvia S13 - $11k
Nissan Silvia S14 - $14k
Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T - $14k (sidegraded for the bigger engine - rb25 over sr20)
Nissan Skyline R34 GT-T - $19k
Toyota Supra TT 2j - $30k
Nissan Stagea Autech (R34 GTR Wagon) - for my wife $30k
Holden VE SS Ute - $40k - my first new car
Holden VX II SS Sedan - $12k

Hyundai was when i was 18, SS ute was last year... its a slow build.. but it was worth it.. i had a lot of fun in a LOT of cars.. and spent shitloads and the tuners.. but didnt touch my crappy uni car (hyundai) - to me its the same as my hyundai

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
a 65 mustang is a classic.. not a rust box
It is actualy.. It needs new front floor, rad support, battery tray, front and rear guards, boot floor, right front rail and the part where the wipers are. There all the rusty bits.. About 3k in parts just to start the body work.. It's a shell now.. 8 grand his grandfather bought for his grandson..

jonko

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5 ltr
dont judge me for me age now but im only 16 ive had a few cars and been in alot of insane cars as im always going to burnout comps and drags ect ect ive had a cuple cars my first car when i as 13 had a vl ( scrapped th coz i dont like vl's) then after that i got a nice mint standard vr commo (when i was 14) i was putting onto the road thn ended up racing it worst thing ive done that ended up stuffed, then i bought a 2000 model vs ute for $1500 wich was a good car not even 200,000 klm on clock but i then done the dumb thing and swapped it for the car i have now a vn 5 ltr but all these cars went good and cheep the vn i have now if you ask me its not that bad im running only one second slower then a LS1 and its standard i paid bugger all for it they paid sh*t load for it. all im saying is dont judge and say scrap the car what if some one who has a better car worth twice as much as yours comes up to you and bags it out saying its nothing but a heap of crap shouldn't even have it ect it wouldnt make you feel good would it ya would turn around and hit him. thats what you are doing to this guy
all im saying is people dont need there dreams crushed if he wants to do up his vn let him he doesnt need you taking the sh*t out of him

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6
jhdoesnotlikebigwalkloftext.

Clean, remove side strips, FE2, tint, decent set of wheels but not overboard on size cos that looks STUPID.
rear garnish black, new tail lights, headlight restoration kit, touch up paint and cut/polish. Charcoal black the bumpers.

Feel free to check out my signature, mine has tinted windows, FE2, tinted tail lights and a few other goodies. i Need to upload a new pic, its out of the crash repair now :)

goodluck with your car

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
oh 1/8 mile... LOL... so maybe a 16 second 1/4 mile.. meh..sorry use to people quoting 1/4 mile times.. not 1/8 mile...want a fast 1/8 mile.. get a motorbike :) etc etc blah blah blah cocks.

whathowwhy.jpg

Can't tell if troll.

In case not troll, you've made your opinion known, stop trying to justify yourself.

Maybe it's unintentional, but an attitude like that drives people away. We call it the "calaisturbo" attitude.

tldr; gtfo