Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Make your own 4L60E Transmission Manualiza plug for $6.00

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
on/off a line locker on the rear brakes..... then that way i can call it my "fully sick bro" .....

Add a massive transmission fluid cooler with electric fan, so your fun lasts a bit longer than 5 minutes..

Burningrubber92

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP SII 3.8L V6
I’ve got my VY V6 manualized just had to follow the VX colour codes ;) doesn’t shift hard, all smooth shifts and no angry torque converter as I’ve wired in the Torque lockout etc

MangingCommys

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VT Sedan 3.8 Ecotec bone stock skidder
I’ve got my VY V6 manualized just had to follow the VX colour codes ;) doesn’t shift hard, all smooth shifts and no angry torque converter as I’ve wired in the Torque lockout etc
How would you go about wiring up the torque converter and stuff bro doing mine in my 97 VT

jack_bourchier

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
Make your own Transmission Manualiza plug for $6.00
This is wired the same as the Transmission Manualiza plug that RVO and DTM transmissions are supplying for large amounts of money.

This transmission manualizing plug disables the Automatic gear change and allows the 4L60 transmission to be manually gear changed under full trans line pressure.
It will give a smooth manual gear change at low Revs/Power, and Hard as manual gear changes at High Revs/High Power.

1 x 4L60E transmission plug from a VR - VY Commodore loom. cut it off with between 100mm - 200mm of wire on it. $5.00
1 x IN5408 4 amp silicone rectifier diode. $1.00
4 X Stubbies of Harn light

Solder the yellow and light green wire on to the anode side of the diode and insulate.
Solder the yellow/black and Brown/yellow to the Cathode side of the Diode ( Side with the silver band).
supply 12volts from the ignition (reds) to the pink/blue wire to power the transmission.
Cut off remaining unused wires.
Drink both stubbies of Harn light and send remaining 2 stubbies to Zapp for making this freely available to all forum members.

280420101439.jpg

RVOManualizaPlug.jpg

090420101310.jpg
Are all the wires the same colour or are they different through the different model of cars I’m chasing vt commodore 5l 4l60e