Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Maloo side skirts

RenfieldFive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6 Sportwagon
I've recently replaced the side skirts on my sv6 VF wagon with Maloo style ones from Mr. Bodykits and although they look great I have just taken my car for a service and we can't get them up on the 2 post hoist. The skirts hang too low (yes, they are installed correctly) and the jacking point isn't accessible. Wondering If anyone else has had this issue and how they resolved it ?

Attachments

• Commie.jpg
    Commie.jpg
    998.9 KB · Views: 78

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I've recently replaced the side skirts on my sv6 VF wagon with Maloo style ones from Mr. Bodykits and although they look great I have just taken my car for a service and we can't get them up on the 2 post hoist. The skirts hang too low (yes, they are installed correctly) and the jacking point isn't accessible. Wondering If anyone else has had this issue and how they resolved it ?
They could also use a trolly jack to pick it up a bit to get the arms under, even with mine with standard skirts still needs to be picked up a little with a trolley jack. I copped a divot in one skirt once because of these hoists, i think it was my mate who works at Bridgestone , so he's real careful now. It was him or Holden when i took it for a service, they told me they only put it on a flat bed hoist but still paid half for the repair as a good will gesture

Last edited:

RenfieldFive

Reaction score
Members Ride
They could also use a trolly jack to pick it up a bit to get the arms under, even with mine with standard skirts still needs to be picked up a little with a trolley jack. I copped a divot in one skirt once because of these hoists, i think it was my mate who works at Bridgestone , so he's real careful now. It was him or Holden when i took it for a service, they told me they only put it on a flat bed hoist but still paid half for the repair as a good will gesture
The skirts on mine are almost over the jacking point so not enough for the hoist arms or even a trolley jack without crushing the skirt and they were such a bitch to put on I don't really want to have to do it again.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
My cars are too low for hoists, it's a fact of life, some mods done for looks aren't always completely practical.

RenfieldFive

Reaction score
Members Ride
My cars are too low for hoists, it's a fact of life, some mods done for looks aren't always completely practical.

It's not that it is that low (see pic) ... it's more that the jacking point is higher than the skirt and the skirt blocks access to it ...... what a pain. All I wanted to do was an oilo change .... guess i'm looking for access to a 4 posta now ... lol

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
It's not that it is that low (see pic) ... it's more that the jacking point is higher than the skirt and the skirt blocks access to it ...... what a pain. All I wanted to do was an oilo change .... guess i'm looking for access to a 4 posta now ... lol

They'll need to drive it up onto low lying blocks of wood, so they can get the hoist arms underneath....

The jacking pads on the hoist arms are adjustable for this reason.

Slide the hoist arms underneath, wind the jacking pads up to meet the jacking point and up the car goes

Same principal applies if you're jacking the car up at home

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
The skirts on mine are almost over the jacking point so not enough for the hoist arms or even a trolley jack without crushing the skirt and they were such a bitch to put on I don't really want to have to do it again.
When i say jack it up i mean from the rear not from the sides, lift it high enough so when the pads are screwed right down the arms fit under, then screw the pads back up to the lifting points, release the jack and your good to go.

Reactions: Lex

RenfieldFive

Reaction score
Members Ride
When i say jack it up i mean from the rear not from the sides, lift it high enough so when the pads are screwed right down the arms fit under, then screw the pads back up to the lifting points, release the jack and your good to go.
Nope, can't do .... as I said the skirts are lower than the jacking points and they also block them preventing the rubber pads of the hoist arms from getting underneath them without crushing the skirts .... I was hopping somebody who owns a maloo could point me in the right direction

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Nope, can't do .... as I said the skirts are lower than the jacking points and they also block them preventing the rubber pads of the hoist arms from getting underneath them without crushing the skirts .... I was hopping somebody who owns a maloo could point me in the right direction
You can't use the rocker panels on any HSV VE/VF with a 2-post hoist. You have to lift them from inside the skirts at the chassis rails and I generally put them on the 4-post hoist to avoid the skirt issue.