Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Man charged for shooting at robbers in his home.

HoldenCVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dont have one
I heard from a mate that a couple of robbers were breaking into a place and fell through the roof and then sued the guy who they were trying to steal from...

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
implied-facepalm.jpg

Is that supposed to mean something? If you have something to say than say it.

brokenikon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Maloo: 2008 VE SV6: 2004 VY II R8 Maloo
You'll note what he was charged with, and what he was NOT charged with. No aggravated assault, discharging a firearm in public, etc etc, but the unregistered/unlicenced firearm offences. It'd be on the police if the hadn't of laid the charges for the offence.
It sounds perfectly straight forward, without knowing all the details of course, but nothing seems bs here.

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
I got angry when I read the title....but after reading the article, I thought he got off alright.
Infact the title is plain incorrect....he wasnt charged for shooting them at all. if police found that weapon in less eventful circumstances he would probably have faced the same charges.

Matty.b

VR with 56,000kms genuine
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
first so theres no mis-conceptions i agree with firearms licensing, but i do support gun ownership 100%

there was a man in QLD (i think) a few years ago that shot and killed an intruder, he was a member of the SSAA (sporting shooters association of Australia) and the firearm was registered

well the SSAA gives insurance with its membership up to $20million which of course is too go to vast legal teams, anyway long story short they got him off for "illegally discharging a firearm" and he got to keep his guns and did community service

he would have gotton off all together if the robber had a weapon (i believe)

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
first so theres no mis-conceptions i agree with firearms licensing, but i do support gun ownership 100%

there was a man in QLD (i think) a few years ago that shot and killed an intruder, he was a member of the SSAA (sporting shooters association of Australia) and the firearm was registered

well the SSAA gives insurance with its membership up to $20million which of course is too go to vast legal teams, anyway long story short they got him off for "illegally discharging a firearm" and he got to keep his guns and did community service

he would have gotton off all together if the robber had a weapon (i believe)

cool-story-bro.jpg

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
2. How **** of a shot is he if he can't hit someone properly with a shotgun in a building?

Buckshot tends to spray as opposed to a solid round and they copped a good few of them so he wasn't doing too badly. By the sounds of it they intended to beat him half to death before robbing him blind so the scum deserve everything that's coming to them.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Buckshot tends to spray as opposed to a solid round and they copped a good few of them so he wasn't doing too badly. By the sounds of it they intended to beat him half to death before robbing him blind so the scum deserve everything that's coming to them.

Agree with the robber deserve something for thier crimes, maybe not copping a shotgun shell though.

Learn something new every day, I though buckshot was the solid shell, not the small pellets ones.

Overall I think this story doesn't add up, how did this guy break away from two guys beating the tar out of him to go get a shotgun?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
This is a no brainer... he probably wouldnt be in trouble if he had the gun registered..

He broke the law well beofre the robbers did..

aZk.

What he said ^^^^

Who's to say he didn't apply for one and was knocked back.

They don't recognize self protection as a reason for owning one unfortunetly.

I consider my area a good area, doesn't mean there isnt a chance of a home invasion. I'd prefer a way of protecting myself (like a gun) over the knife I have strapped under the bed.......

Who is to say he did??? On the other hand - there is also a chance that you will win lotto, marry a woman who has a billionaire father that is about to croke or even make the money yourself. Better be prepared for those likely situations too :thumbsup:

Reaper