Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

manual conversion for supercharged engine?

Ethan Vicary

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr Comadoore
This is my first post thing( don't know if it worked) just wondering of the t5 manual gear box will bolt up on the supercharged engine ? And also will the box handle the supercharged engine ?

vn50L

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt seriesII XU6
Check out L67 TORQUE • Index page for any super 6 queries man. Yes it can be done but like any conversion there's a few things to consider. Lots of people in that forum who have done it themselves.

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
Box will fit straight up no worries! , its the same block as the L36 bar the injector boss, pistons, cylinder walls, and advance timing, and obviously IM. My only issue for you my friend is that the T5 unless ur just running stock, probably wouldnt handle the power.... L67 torque has a couple of dudes whov done it, and seems to hold, but honestly i believe its a recipe for disaster! me personally, im rebuilding a L67 atm, and are going to run a T56 from a gen 3 behind it! ;)

haslher

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs supercharged v6
i was under impression t56 was too low a gearing an would be like taking of in second

dirty hands

Reaction score
Members Ride
magna
can you play with the diff ratios to fine tune

or are super charged diffs the same

Last edited:

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Ask Decerate? Or Holdenmandan about the T56. They both have run it on the L67.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Running a T5 is not that hard to do. It will bolt straight up to the block.
A few things that you will need to do.
You will need to have the flywheel mirror balanced to the L67 flex plate, otherwise you will get vibrations.
The crank in the L67 does not have the dowel pins for the flywheel. If you are going to be chasing power down the track I would highly recommend that you have the crank drilled to accept the pins.
The T5 will last for quite a while as long as you treat it with mechanical respect.

As for the T56, there are adapters to make them fit, personally I like the Mal Wood adapter as it lets you run a 10.5 inch flywheel. You will need to change the diff ratio to a minimum of 3.45 or to a max of 3.9. You may have some clearance issues that you need to work around with the T56.
The T56 does require a lot more effort and more bit to make it fit than the T5, but if you have a good budget to play with the T56 is the way to go.

With both boxes you will need to change the wiring a little and have the PCM set up for the manual.

DavoP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vg ute
Hey guys, I've got a supercharged vy that I am converting to a t5, but have gotten a bit stuck with some questions that not many people can answer all help would be greatly appreciated thanks, I've just brought the t5 conversion setup memcal through mace so I don't have to get a tune done just yet, but I'm stuck with what clutch, flywheel and flex plate I need eg.vn/vy?