Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manual gear changing what do you do?

Gear change methods

• heel and toe

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • heel and toe and double declutch

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • double declutch only

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • no advanced technique (i.e. what is done in driving test)

Votes: 19 65.5%

• Total voters

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
lol,can you imagine waiting in line for the tyre changing test when there is a line up of young teenage girls trying to get their p's in their short tops etc-what a sight woohoo-lol

my wife got hers in a manual so I didn't have that problem,just had to teach her brother lol

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Hahaha, a license and a show! But fair's fair, when you consider a pilot has to spend thousands of dollars and minutes before he can even fly with a passenger who isn't an instructor... I think it's a fair ask for someone to take 15 minutes to at least park the car in a safe spot, jack it up and demonstrate removing and replacing a wheel!

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
No advanced technique most of time, no need in a street car, driven on the street.

But my current daily has a worn second synchro so it has to be rev matched into 2nd at speed, or it crunches.

Group C

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
Everyone is entitled to there opinion,and no offence taken,But being a mechanic for 25+ yrs and rebuilding many gearbox's what I am saying is true,correct revs or not over time will prematurely wear your dog clutch's and syncro's,It wont happen over night but does eventually happen,Clutch is there for a reason as are syncro's,Its not a race car nor a KW..But each to there own
no offence group c but I was told by several mechanics that this is not true if you have the revs correct,i do agree to a point with you but have never had a problem when doing so,my stepfather is a diesel mechanic and drove his lj torana for 4 years with basically no clutch except round town and never had a problem.

have to agree to disagree on this one lol

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
Hahaha, a license and a show! But fair's fair, when you consider a pilot has to spend thousands of dollars and minutes before he can even fly with a passenger who isn't an instructor... I think it's a fair ask for someone to take 15 minutes to at least park the car in a safe spot, jack it up and demonstrate removing and replacing a wheel!

yeah but time is money these days lol
most young people don't even know what atyre is-lol