Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Map & Firmware Updates For Holden IQ?

Nfsve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Pretty sure the MY13 has peninsula link on it. MY12 does not. Hard part is finding a dealer who knows how to find the part number.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
JHP has the MY13 SD card, expensive though....

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Hard part is finding a dealer who knows how to find the part number.

Did you give them your Vin Number so much easier to find right parts?

SimoHDK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE Commodore SV6 Z-Series - Manual
Pretty sure the MY13 has peninsula link on it. MY12 does not. Hard part is finding a dealer who knows how to find the part number.

It does, but it doesn't....

It won't route via peninsula link, it thinks it's an unfinished road. However if you get onto peninsula link, it will kinda finish the journey using the peninsula link. It's really weird...

I also assume we'll never get MY14 onwards from Holden since the VF....

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
It would be pretty crap of them not to continue to update the mapping software. Kinda pointless having an inbuilt system that can be updated.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
For the Series I models, I think Holden only released one or two upgrades of the Nav DVD.

The IQ Nav system uses a very similar format to some BMW and Volkswagen Nav systems, so there may be a possibility of hacking together updates from certain bits and pieces found on the web.

For anyone playing at home, the Point of Interest locations (Businesses, Long Lat, Phone Numbers etc), school zones, red light and speed camera location use the SQLite database format.
(Anyone that writes software for iPhone, iPad, Android should be familiar with this format).

It may be possilbe to export / import some of this information from something like the OpenStreetMap project.

You can open, view and edit and play around with this data very easily by using something like the SQLite Manager Plugin for Firefox.
The voice / sound files are the same format as a number of other Nav systems. (The file names need to be changed and matched up, but you can change the Nav voice if you so desired.

Which leaves the Street Information Database that is the only thing that will be difficult to upgrade. (Though I dont think anybody has played around with this yet, so its still too early to say it is possible or impossible to do at this time).

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Anybody know if it's possible to update the dvd of a OEM 2005 Holden/VDO satnav system??? Was using it today - for something so old it actually rocks! Input was a bit clunky but usable and Eastlink had it a bit ####ed but once we got onto the Eastern Fwy it was fine again :)

pink_bass

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden calais v redline
Guys im not having much luck. Im happy to pay for the proper card but Holden cannot seem to find any MY13. They only have MY12 version 11 in stock\on the list (Barloworld Holden). Thoughts? I really need it for this weekend.

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV, LH Torana / LSA / VE E3 HSV interior
Just buy it off eBay it's on there the my13. Don't know what's so difficult about that