Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mass airflow sensor wiring

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
-40 deg means that the sensor is disconnected or open circuit, as far as i know its the brown/brown wires are usually the IAT and it dosnt matter which way they go as its only resistance, use multimeter on the two wires to the maf and it should read a resistance anywhere from low to a few thousand ohms, then say if u breath hot air or use a dryer thru the maf u should see the resistance change that way u know its working, if maf was being used u would get a mill for it and notice straight away

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Here ya go: https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vz-wiring-diagram-here.66341/

The MAF sensor in that diagram is number 122 on the left hand side about a third of the way down. There is also a MAP sensor (number 131), but this is used as a barometric sensor and doesn't have anything to do with intake. There's also no wire colours in that diagram which is super annoying.

Last edited:

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
"Ive replaced the MAF thinking it was faulty and then soldered the connecting wires back onto the connector as it wasnt connect on properly. All of that has made no difference as when the car is running i can pull out the MAF and it will not change idle or the quality of the engines performance"

With the wiring is now correct,
And both MAF's making no difference,
And resetting the DTC each time its reconnected,
And keeps returning,

It will be something else that is at fault.

LukahJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vz commodore executive
yes it does have a MIL, a powertrain light on which is the root problem im trying to fix. Autosparkies locally are useless and havent got a clue what could be causing the sensor to respond with -40 degree temperatures

LukahJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
With the wiring is now correct,
And both MAF's making no difference,
And resetting the DTC each time its reconnected,
And keeps returning,

It will be something else that is at fault.
Would you know where to start, if its not the dodgy Mass air flow sensor wiring? I appreciate all the help youve given

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Hiya, so im in the process of trying to rewire my MAF sensor as a scan came up as it reading -40 degrees for the temp of the air but i cannot find a wiring diagram for a VZ commodore 2004 for the life of me!!!! Suspecting the wiring is incorrect as someone has already tampered with it and leading me to believe that the incorrect temperature reading is the backwards wiring. Please someone help haha
The whole thing is here.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uKn7wFSNkq1OIzVBRGfuQHf6OB8ihmlW

Need to use a computer, not a phone.
Download the folder, not the files and folders in it. They all need to be there

Last edited:

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
Would you know where to start, if its not the dodgy Mass air flow sensor wiring? I appreciate all the help youve given

I am still tipping it's the
"Ambiant Air Temperature Sensor"
as per comment #2

Reactions: Lex

LukahJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
-40 deg means that the sensor is disconnected or open circuit, as far as i know its the brown/brown wires are usually the IAT and it dosnt matter which way they go as its only resistance, use multimeter on the two wires to the maf and it should read a resistance anywhere from low to a few thousand ohms, then say if u breath hot air or use a dryer thru the maf u should see the resistance change that way u know its working, if maf was being used u would get a mill for it and notice straight away
I am still tipping it's the
"Ambiant Air Temperature Sensor"
as per comment #2
Thanks man, found the ambient air temp sensor and its not even there.... unless its the wrong thing, it has 2 crimped connectors that look factory

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
Photo of what you found ?

Is the bracket still there ?