Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mate's ED turbo Sleeper

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Cheers For the comments guy i'm sure he'll appreciate it The dressing up made that picture.

Its been a long time in coming as he went overseas for 6 months b ut its all coming together now.

VKC thats a typo but it will be within that range when finished He's aiming for about 450hp to start with that should put it well over a 1000nm

Ricky the good thing about Au motors is they have MLS headgaskets from factory.

Though this motors been rebuilt has forgies with machined bowls to drop the comp a little full balanced bottom end au motors also have 4 bolt main setup similar to ecotec. Has turbo cam ported head (flows about 30% more than stock. Jp high volume oil pump vernier cam gear and all your other parts replaces. Unsure what valve springs hes running but definitely not stock.

Got a surge tank in the booot i made with 044 bosch motorsport fuel pump. Massive oil cooler, twin transmission coolers 3 inch (5 inch outer) 100 cpi race cat and 3 inch exhaust with one muffler. running same cooler as one in 1st post

Got quite a few thikngs to yet. I got to make intercooler piping. Fix snort shitty "stage 5" turbo manifold and also mod theyre quite piss poor inlet mainfold i'll be welding some trumpets on it and generally cleaning up the poor casting

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Another small update this might give away the whole sleeper approach but they're Golden

Attachments

• psi pop.jpg
    psi pop.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 341

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Kris Got his by hunting car forums and ebay not sure if they ever made them for VT either but its likely old people seem to love em

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
A few updates manifold is finished needed some modifying to get things to fit like thermostats housing. Fuel rail needed modding to fit because of dodgey inlet manifold.

Welded up some intercooler piping last weekend turned out really good and short in total less than a 1 meter long which is quite impressive. Als had to make an oil drain because there f all room for an off the shelf item.
Next problem is TB once again shitty inlet manifold leaves no provisions for stock TB's so some grinding and making a new cable bracket is needed. Only things left is that and intake pipe then its off for a tune whilst kris goes to bali over easter where itll be staying at my house. I'm going to be too scared to drive this monster back from the tuners i pray to god its i dont crash it :p

Anyway a couple of pics

How about 12liters 3 turbo 35/40's and about 900rwkw's This is an average day at our workshop

Attachments

• 12lt 900kw 3 turbos.jpg
    12lt 900kw 3 turbos.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 489
  • fuel rail.jpg
    fuel rail.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 412

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
It's official minux's new boat is now less powerful than this :p Heard from PSIPOP it made 238rwkw @ 7 psi which is more power and less PSI than an FG turbo.

Bodes well for future as its only the base tune and new engine been running for a couple of hours all up spins to 6500rpm not a problem which is 1000rpm more than factory

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Now making 270rwkw @ 12psi with a soft tune meaning no timing just base timing impresive car thats 350kw at engine hopefully he'll can knock out 2000k's when he gets it back and the fit 15psi wastegate spring add more boost then back for some power tunign should make 350rwkw easy and all this before june 10th when its off to the drags to run 10's