Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mates holden cruze issue

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Hi all I'm new to this and I know its not a commodore but recently my mates 2011 Cruze radio signal has gone bad, anyone know what the problem could be? So far we changed over the antenna adapter as its a aftermarket system which till now been working fine, we changed mast and checked the connections with no luck, looking for a wiring diagram to see if there is a power booster some where in the line, so far I've worked out it goes down the back quarter panel and along the skirt to a junction connector on the drivers side then to stereo. Thinking may be the base on antenna or dab cable?

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I have a friend that has a 2009 VE L76 Calais, had a similar issue, it goes all static, and fades in and out,
when he got the car serviced, the Stealer said its the Antenna Base, which means they have to pull the head lining down,
Which he didn't want to do, because it never goes back the original way it was installed in the factory.
So he just puts up with it still.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I have a friend that has a 2009 VE L76 Calais, had a similar issue, it goes all static, and fades in and out,
when he got the car serviced, the Stealer said its the Antenna Base, which means they have to pull the head lining down,
Which he didn't want to do, because it never goes back the original way it was installed in the factory.
So he just puts up with it still.

Thanks that's what I was thinking too, I found a link in America saying there Chevy cruze had a Issue in the cable but then someone said they did have the cable replaced and made no different, I think your right on the money with the base they sit out in the open and cop it all, I think it must have a little circuit board where the wires solder on too which has failed. I told him to just replace it first as its only one nut, his head lining has 5 clips on the back should be ok to do. Thanks.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Just a follow up, he finally went out and brought a new base from Ebay in America as it was cheaper to buy there than Australia by $40.00, he fitted it today and bingo now has radio again, it turned out the old base had got water inside due to being replaced before and wasn't done up tight, thanks all have a great day, may this help someone in future.