Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Matts New Toy

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Paul yes it does, even better when shes revved and the induction sound of the carby sucking air sounds awesome :thumbsup:

Yeah i know hey, i love the sound of the 'ol carby engines. My late Grandad had a 1970 Ht GTS Monaro. I was only about 2 or 3 at the time, most of u guys hadnt been born yet but the sound from that engine was unbelievable.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
well i think we might know where a bumper bracket is so if thats the case I'll chuck the bumper and front number plate back on during the weekend and get a better photo :thumbsup:

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
Its gonna look great once shes all painted and chromed up :thumbsup:

Looks like its time to start wrecker hoping :D

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Lmao, i knew this was going to be moved to the my ride section.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
its on a temorary re-direct but ive asked for someone to explain why.

As you JCCC guys and girls know Ive been mentioning it over Xmas/New years and because I cant just rock up to a cruise in it I decided to post the photos and details as Ive kept it secret til now, but then its been moved despite me askin for it not too.

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
Why don't you want it on here? It's fkn awesome!!! Love it.

Also, that dash - pretty sure it's just a standard HJ dash, not a monaro or GTS one. :thumbsup: And it's also got a HZ Stato front if you didn't already know.

Looks pretty good overall, mind me asking how much you paid?

And with the brakes, assuming there is no pressure in the pedal, (I had the exact same thing in mine, just rolled off the back of the truck lol) you probs just need to top up the brake fluid and maybe bleed it. I did mine just by topping up the fluid, and pumping the pedal with the cap off (but very careful no fluid gets onto the paint). So you can just rest the lid on top, without sealing it, so the air can get out. you know?

Also, with the bumper bracket - try aussie v8 forums, might even find someone willing to give one to you. ;) Plus, a lot of people willing to give you advice and stuff there.

Aussie V8 | Holden - Ford | Australian V8 Engine Community

Check out my WB if you like........nothin too special, just a 202 with 4 speed (I'll come under the new p plate laws.)

Also, I'll take those GTS mirrors off you if you don't want em. :p

dynamytedave

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SS-V Redline SportWagon, 2003 CV8R Monaro
This makes me miss Dave's old EJ Ute....
It was an EK Rich, but you and I both miss the old girl.

Looks alright Matt, I'm very partial to the old girls. It's a good start for a worthwhile project. But you gotta get rid of those God Awful 12 slotters. They belong on Fords man, not Holdens.

Don't expect it to set any land speed records with the old 253, you should do an injected 5 litre conversion. Or an LS1/2 conversion would be nice. Even a 3.8 V6 would go harder and have better fuel economy than the ol' 253.

And just a little point, when refering to an old girl's specs, they're always in imperial. It's not a 4.2, it's a 253, it doesn't make 140kw, it makes 190hp.

Good luck with it.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
thanks guys, I will re-do a proper my ride thread, this was only supposed to be a quick write up to let the JCCC guys know.

Jo couple of things

- I dunno about the dash. Everything Ive seen for HJ shows 2 square dials for speedo and tacho. This has a rectangle speedo that stretches from 0 to 200 kph so I dont know. I'll get better pics on the weekend.

- someone did mention the stato front end but I couldnt remember, ta for that. The bloke I brought it off has the bracket at home so the bumpers going back on during the weekend.

- the brakes yeh Ive gotta bleed them. I have to drain everything because its been sitting idle for so long, so new coolant, oil, brake fluid. It was on the road til Oct 2007 and been sitting idle ever since, so just on 15 months.

I paid a grand for it, brought it from a bloke at work. He bought a bike and hasnt worked on the ute since. Being a mechanic he's sort of over the work all day then work all weekend on cars, so he was happy to get it off the back lawn.

Dave, I mainly got it to play around with a carby because lets face it, when will I ever have a carby car to play with?

Rich - yes the side panels will come off, they rattle around too much anyway. The whole tray will be gone in the not distant future as its stuffed. A truck sideswiped the ute and managed to only clip the tray, just before the rego ran out, so the bloke i brought it from got an old tray from a tradie who was wrecking his one tonner and it shows.

Depending on how far into restoring it will determine wood floor or not, but I highly doubt I can justify spending the money on it. A straighter tray yes, but on something thats going to be a mis aligned sh!tter not really.

Oh and Dave I know about the imperial, I was just making it "current" :whistling