Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Matty's 98 VT Acclaim.

MattyZero

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
Turns out I do have them they were just stuck to the hubs and I didnt realise lol! anyway brakes are done, new pads, slotted and drilled rotors and painted the callipers yellow (please ignore how dirty the car is).

4hfhgh.jpg

ProbablyRaging

Drop Bass, Not Bombs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vroom Vroom Car
Looks really nice man! Question, how do you plan on spraying the rear bar lip? Just pull the whole bar off and paint or mask up the car and paint it while on the car still? Ive been thinking about colour coding my bar lips and mirrors, just cant be arsed at the moment lol

MattyZero

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
Alright update time!!! I finally got the VX back to my place (had to drive it 600 ks) and it didnt miss a beat! you just cant kill commodores!! even ones like this that are leaking from literally everywhere and have a completely f*ked valley gasket cover looks like someone poured pumpkin soup in the radiator even after I flushed out everything and refilled it lol.

i6xehf.jpg

2ymej2v.jpg

And now the VT!!! I picked up a set of superlows for her and monroe shocks got it all for $200 bargain!! cant wait to get it in but ill pick up a camber kit first.

i4jzpy.jpg

And a shot because I just love it lol! 4wd spec will be no more soon.

o93k9f.jpg

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sedan / VE International Sportwagon
I've never seen anyone talking about them. Most people go seek out a dead VY or VZ from the scrappies because they're bolt-on replacements and have a much steadier camber wear on your rear tyres. I think I remember Uniacidz talking about it.

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sedan / VE International Sportwagon
uniacidz said:
You have to take out the rear kframe/sub frame or whatever its called as it can be adjustable if needed where as the early vt and vx series 1 wasnt and hence need a 4point camber kit to correct the camber/caster when lowering.

Can get the frames cheap enough, a big job which requires dropping the diff etc.

This is what he told me :)