Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mattys Silver VH SL/E

matty93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive v6 and vh sle
So on the weekend i thought i would see if the 253 would fire up, Sure enough it did! Straight away on all 8cyls, no stuck valves, not one puff of smoke, couldn't be happier considering it sat for more than 6 years in a car parked in a paddock.

Thinking of doing the vh in Tuxedo black seeing as there are to many blue over silver SLE's poping up now.

Mr. Brightside

Reaction score
Members Ride
1982 VH 253 4 speed, 2006 VE SSV M6
Just do it in the original silver with original pinstriping etc, will look schmick. Not that many all-over silver ones around either, everyone tries to make their's shadowtone.

matty93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just do it in the original silver with original pinstriping etc, will look schmick. Not that many all-over silver ones around either, everyone tries to make their's shadowtone.

I do completey agree with you on that mate, Was going to do a blue/silver shadow-tone, but to many blue ones poping up around here. Would love to do the silver again with the pin striping but just doesnt scream SL/E, i always seen alot of SL and SLX commodores in the same silver :/
Im thinking down the path of the Tuxedo black and white pin stripe they did come out with.
Im so stuck on what to paint it in.

matty93

Reaction score
Members Ride
That was VC commodore matt

Yes Black over silver in the VC commodore Mick.

There is a factory Tuxedo Black Mk2 color for the VH SL/E, Seen one in person with all numbers matching, was factory paint and the whole lot! Sadly didnt grab the color code for myself :(

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Yes two tone scream sle but single colour bombed with a v8 screams "who gives a crap what I am, I'm a boss!"

Electrical work, Adelaide all areas.
Pm me.

matty93

Reaction score
Members Ride
I can only do a blue over silver, may have to throw something else different into the blue to set it apart from the rest i think.

Mr. Brightside

Reaction score
Members Ride
1982 VH 253 4 speed, 2006 VE SSV M6
Yes Black over silver in the VC commodore Mick.

There is a factory Tuxedo Black Mk2 color for the VH SL/E, Seen one in person with all numbers matching, was factory paint and the whole lot! Sadly didnt grab the color code for myself :(
Trust me mate, there was no factory black on any VH.