Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Maxxis Tyres: just bad or is there something wrong with mine?

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
potenzas are pretty junk too. most car tyres people run are crap. i know my tyres arent the best but they are better than maxxis. in fact, i will go far enough to say that maxxis are pretty crap at making tyres. any sort of tyres.

anything from the michelin pilot range will be very, very good. but expensive

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
i have never had an issue with my bridgstone potenzas handle great in the wet and last a ton longer than my Falkens, and they ain't cheap at $200 a pop for R16's

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I have Maxis 225/50/16 MA-V1s on my VS and don't like them at all. Ever since I got them they haven't felt right. No wandering or pulling to one side but they just ride rough. And yes, have had numerous alignments, balances and doesn't make any difference. Currently run them at 36psi as suggested by the tyre place. Have also tried 38 which doesn't really help. They can be quite inconsistant too. Sometimes they won't feel too bad and other times they feel like rubbish. Cold seems to be the worst, esp winter time, but warm/hot can also be pretty dodgy.

I've had them for nearly four years now and done about 33,000 kms on them. The one positive is the tread life. They seem to be wearing really well.

I won't be buying them again that's for sure.

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
We have the Maxxis tyres on our mountain bikes and their great.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
make sure you put that shovel back in the shed...

For a dig this big, I think machinery was required.

In other news, #### YOU, Maxxis for discontinuing the MAZ1 tyre, was my favourite tyre. Good price at sub $200, and fantastic grip.

Eevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
In other news, #### YOU, Maxxis for discontinuing the MAZ1 tyre, was my favourite tyre. Good price at sub $200, and fantastic grip.

i know right!
i too was upset.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
For a dig this big, I think machinery was required.

What are they replacing them with....Generally tyre manufacturers update tyres every 3 or 4 years