Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MCAI Part Numbers and How-to

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Oh please!! Too much hard work!! Go to Autobarn and buy the Autotechnica Polished Alloy pipe unit with pod filter and box for $300. Take 30mins to fit and increases torque no end!! No good upgrading the airbox if you don't take out the maf pipe that restricts it again!! If you haven't noticed, the oval ribbed unit Holden fitted to these things suck inwards under heavy throttle. The Aluminium pipe can't do that, therefor eyou get better airflow, this equates to more torque! Oh, by the way, it also gives you the hottest induction roar you'll ever hear!! ;)

uh huh. Pod filter sucks in heat...metal Intake pipe holds heat. Really good for performance. It takes 15 minutes to do this mod. Saves $300 on wasted crap.

davidjanssen

Charged VT Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Supercharged
i agree.. pod filters are as useful as a **** flavored lolly pop..

wingwang99

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Voodoo Sv6
Has anyone done this to a vy v6? it has a different snorkel and hence different airbox. Wondering if i should just get another airbox and replace any snorkel with just a pipe along with the shroud fitted...
Any suggestions?

vyss300kwute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss series2 ute
thanks to the fellas that put this mod up, did it yesterday and yes there is an improvement, how long does it take for your ecu to re-map after this mod?

jsd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
this is where I am getting confused I have a VZ , does the VZ come with the MCAI , and i have heard of people only spending $20-40 , yet there was three parts listed and i got quoted $33 for just one

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
rear main seal

$28 part, one screw driver, one dolly, one hamer, remove gearbox only.
and your done

Attachments

• rearmain-1.jpg
    rearmain-1.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 439

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
Yes I know I'm going to get hell for bringing up a dead thread but I thought this would probably be the best place to post this. I have recently purchased a 2002 CV8 Monaro and have been looking to improve the intake. Upon removing the radiator top shroud I discovered the main duct for was missing completely.

It made me think, how could I improve the airflow to the airbox when I noticed a standard hole in the body below where the duct would have been. It opened up directly to behind the front bumper with no obstructions. I looked around for something that might be able to help channel air up through the hole when I spotted an old top radiator hose from my previous VT V6. Well what do ya know, it fits perfectly!

I'm going to make up an air ram to attach to the bottom part of the hose in order to collect air from the very bottom opening on the front bumper. I'll take some pictures and post them up here. I've installed a K&N filter and that's already given better get-up and go. I haven't done the two hole mod yet, as I want to see how well this hose mod does to improve pickup.

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
I coupled the top hose to a bottom hose and it makes an S shape. It fits perfectly from the standard airbox hole, through the standard body panel hole and down to the front bumper sitting snug. I haven't taken photos yet.

I've compared driving experience (only thing I can test it with for now) by using the hose, taking the hose out and replacing the entire airbox with a pod filter. The best experience and response I believe is actually from the hose!

While the hose doesn't seal the airbox opening, in fact it's smaller and sits inside it, there is still a noticable (easily felt) airflow going into the hose through the bumper when the car is idling. I'm not going to seal the hose off, even though that would provide much better vacuum, because as people say if I go through a big puddle the hose could be submerged and that would be bad.

cracker

Reaction score
ordered the parts today, thanks for the sticky will let you know how it goes.
should help things along just need a hsv maf pipe to complete the picture.