Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Measuring Oil Temperature

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Does the VF Redline measure Oil temperature from factory? I have been led to believe that the instrument cluster temperature gauge is measured based on coolant temp rather than oil. Is there a way for me to see the oil temp without having to fit an aftermarket gauge?

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Sorry just realised someone started a thread earlier with a similar question. Sound like it does have one but just not sure how I get easy access to the information through the cluster menu.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
wont be in cluster its only if u have the hsv with extra gauges or ss style with the digital extra gauges, otherwise u need a ngauge or something that can log and display pids

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Sorry just realised someone started a thread earlier with a similar question. Sound like it does have one but just not sure how I get easy access to the information through the cluster menu.
Just need to get the performance page activated theres a couple guys who do it on ebay , they send you the dongle with a returnable deposit
EDIT: I got mine done when i had TPMS added but i had to send the BCM and cluster to Vic for that , @Ron Burgundy did his with the dongle i think

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Last edited: