Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6L80 temperature gauge

JP553

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV S2
Hey all,
Looking at installing a temperature gauge for my transmission(6L80 in a ve ssv s2). Just wondering if there is a way to pull a temp reading from the ECM/ECU/CanBus system the same way engine oil pressure, engine oil temp and battery voltage is obtained in the club sports and series 1

I have already considered plumbing in either through the transmission sump or somewhere near the transmission oil cooler which I will do if there is no other way of obtaining it

Thanks in advance

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
The data will be within the CANbus, just need to find a way to extract it.
Like with the EDI on HSV's.

Reactions: Lex

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
Yes you can pull loads of data from the trans over the canbus just have to work out which PID does what but I think you will find loads of people have worked out the individual ones you want and you will probably find them with a google search.

Reactions: Lex

JP553

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV S2
For anybody wanting to do fit transmission temperature gauges to a ve commodore, check out speedhut.com. They do gauges that plug into the OBDII port for GM vehicles with the possibility of linking 3 gauges together