Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Memory seat control module wiring

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
037.12 is referenced on sheet 037 of 108 at grid reference 12. Note that the actual wire is at grid reference 31 (034.49)

imagejpg3_zps93d080c3.jpg

X800 is shown in the graphic below

imagejpg4_zps3e3c9e09.jpg

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
There are a couple more graphics that might be of interest

imagejpg1_zps8f065ab6.jpg

imagejpg2_zps5bb82f84.jpg

Zom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Blown LS3 Berlina Wagon
037.12 is referenced on sheet 037 of 108 at grid reference 12....
And I suspect it keeps going through several sheets before its source is identified :doh: I am just wanting to know if it is batt, acc, or ign. Thanks for your patience!

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
If I follow 085.28 it goes to the interior illumination relay (R24) pin 3 which is switched from a hot at all times supply..

imagejpg3_zps5fe1f17c.jpg

Zom

Reaction score
Members Ride
If I follow 085.28 it goes to the interior illumination relay...
That is unexpected! Especially given X3/1 on the memory control module is annotated "IG" which I would have thought might mean ignition. Perhaps it is short for "Interior Gillumination" :hmmm: I cannot fathom why the seat memory system would need to know why the interior lights were on, but stranger things happen. It does need to know when ignition is on however.

Am I not reading this correctly? Do these diagram sets lie at all in your experience?

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Can you tell me please what the 037.12 on X129 goes to?

when you asked this, i assumed you wanted to know where the orange/black cable went to on the next drawing.

That is unexpected! Especially given X3/1 on the memory control module is annotated "IG" which I would have thought might mean ignition. Perhaps it is short for "Interior Gillumination" :hmmm: I cannot fathom why the seat memory system would need to know why the interior lights were on, but stranger things happen. It does need to know when ignition is on however.

Am I not reading this correctly? Do these diagram sets lie at all in your experience?

I would think you are correct, the IG would indicate ignition.
The orange/black wire in the drawing sheet 034 of 108 goes through a connector type X315 at pin 9, now a red blue cable, then into the A21 Module in pin 10 of the A21-X3 connector under your seat. I would assume that this red/blue wire is hot when then ignition is turned on.
I am no expert with this stuff, just following the diagrams like yourself.

Zom

Reaction score
Members Ride
I am no expert with this stuff...
That makes at least two of us. I have played around with different sequences for hours and have not been able to make a memory setting stick. I suspect I should be thankful that the seat moves at all without the correct BCM, so I will be, and leave the memories in the nice to have basket.

Thanks heaps for your help, and to everyone who replied. :clap:

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
No worries at all.
Maybe someone with a bit mor knowledge will chime in and let you know if the BCM is the issue.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Heres another different diagram of the seat and mirror memory module wiring..

Attachments

• Scan2.jpg
    Scan2.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 4,530