Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Michael's Impulse Blue SSZ

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Don't stress mate, he is just ####ing with you. Caliper slide pins are at least 10mm thick. For those to snap a lot of damage would've happened to the caliper also. Probably buyers remorse, possibly going to claim for damages and some of his money back. Maybe he tried to change the brake pads and damaged it himself and now wants to pin it back on you. Who knows mate. How did you respond?

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
I basically said there's no way I could have forseen this coming and that the driver wouldn't have mattered in the test drive. I told him how to fix it basically just getting 2 new pins but that's about it. if he thinks i'm paying for it he has another thing coming since even though this sounds bad he wanted to buy it "as is" . I could have taken the floor mats, dash mat and everything else out but I was being nice and I even dropped it from 16.5 - 15.7 then he complained a bit more and I went to 15.5.

Based on what he told me during out conversations as well I am suspecting he is a bit of a hoon. he said he use to race his skyline in NZ or something and then he mentioned that insurance is going to cost him $1500 even though he is 30 so he must of lost his license somewhere along the line.

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
I don't think anything happened either. He's probably getting a road worthy done and thought he'd try and squeeze a little more about of you to pay for it.

My insurance is about 1200 for my VY and I'm 23. So your probably on the money with the lose of license.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Ye he reckons that its going to cost $1500 to replace the calipre and disc ALONE. What a coincidence that its the same price as his insurance... I don't even bother answering him anymore. I think cos he thinks I am young I would fall for his tactics of intimidation but the whole experience of owning that ssz has helped me learn pretty much that everyone is a crook lol.

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Ye he reckons that its going to cost $1500 to replace the calipre and disc ALONE. What a coincidence that its the same price as his insurance... I don't even bother answering him anymore. I think cos he thinks I am young I would fall for his tactics of intimidation but the whole experience of owning that ssz has helped me learn pretty much that everyone is a crook lol.

Lol tell him he could upgrade to hsv brakes with change for that much :p if he shopped around.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Lol @ $1500... I'll fly to WA with my trusty 10mm, 12mm and 14mm and do the job for him...

Can someone lend me a jack as well. Excess luggage and all.

Prizy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6.0
haha sounds dodgey mate! i sold my vy not long ago and the bloke called up asking why i changed the head unit to something else when he picked it up ? same head unit he test drove a week or 2 ealier.. haha people...
anyways love what u did with the vz while you had it, was rockin, looking forward to your gts thread mate, if u get the chance comment on my first thread i posted, new rig!

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
ye but my new Hyundai elantra is so good on petrol :p and giving me some extra practice for the manual. Unfortunately the variety of E3 gts' in WA is very slim with black being a big colour and not many new ones coming for sale. Last check (this morning) there are about 12 for sale that fit my category and only one white for $70k....