Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Minux G6ET

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Every fg i believe has a smaller turbo. In stock form theyre better than earlier model but they fall off when your going for outright power compared to earlier models.

Itoo would have chosen luxury over xr6t the seats feel like they're made out of wetsuit material

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Every fg i believe has a smaller turbo. In stock form theyre better than earlier model but they fall off when your going for outright power compared to earlier models.

End of the day, if you are going for outright power, the stock turbo would probably go. Either way, off the shelf I am very happy with the performance. Even the handling is rather good and seems much firmer than i expected.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Yeah did some research and it's only the FPV which has different turbo. Damn these car's are beast's. Got a spare 9k laying around and have a 400wk+ monster. Might have to start saving up my pennies :p

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
The stock turbo on the fg's is good for up to 320rwkw roughly. Fpv use the same turbo from the ba/bf so can go more power. They really do look good in white the fg's especially rolling on black wheels. Might have to invest in valve springs too when going for the tune because they really skimped out on them in the fg's, they are pretty weak pressure and limit power to about 280rwkw

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
The stock turbo on the fg's is good for up to 320rwkw roughly. Fpv use the same turbo from the ba/bf so can go more power. They really do look good in white the fg's especially rolling on black wheels. Might have to invest in valve springs too when going for the tune because they really skimped out on them in the fg's, they are pretty weak pressure and limit power to about 280rwkw

Cheers for that info, someone mentioned to do valve springs at tune just for safety.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
41.3 Average Speed, 10.6 Average fuel. I reckon I could drop it if I stopped having fun :p

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline