Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Missing After Plugs/Leads

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
Ok this one has got me :( Changed plugs then took the car for a drive it was fine until about and hour later i started to get a miss. So i got a new set of decent leads but that didn't help, checked the plugs today and they all looked ok. So i'm confused I was thinking could it be fuel filter? If it was a dud plug would it come up on the computer if i had it checked at a mechanic?

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
Check again that all leads are properly connected. If that fails go through one by one changing the spark plugs back to the old ones to make sure one of the new ones hasn't died.

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
I had just come across a post i had not seen before about the Gap being 1.5mm I will have to check that out and if one is out then i guess that would be the problem? but i am sure i set them correctly But i will have to double check.

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
I did a reset on the computer today and still same problem. If the plugs are not all set at 1.5mm gap would that be the problem ?? And yes the leads are fine. And could not see any shorting in the dark.

Senator Slash

Slashman
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII HSV Signature Senator
Had the exact same problem on our VS v6. Ended up getting new HTleads and the problem didnt go away so all that was left was the plugs. (I didnt check the gap when i fitted them doh!) most likely your problem.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Very common to get a dud plug. Use one of your old plugs and taking it in turn, swap it with the new plugs until you find the dud one. If it doesn't fix the miss you will have eliminated the plug question.

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
Im going to check all the gaps this week then do the plugs So hopefully i will get some results Thanks for the help (me thinks gaps could be out a tad)